National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you usually go to camp out? I usually go to a little camp about 50 miles north of where I live. Great place

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
There is a littel campground not far from Oxford, WI that I visit once in a while. When I was living in California, there were several just west of Lake Tahoe that were absolutely beautiful and you had to pack in to reach.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We usualy camp at events like rondevous, drags,4x4 meets etc... but if far away we find a spot not visable from the road near dark and sleep in the truck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive been to big lake alaska a few times. but i usually camp out next to my favorite fishing hole in montana.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Lost Lake campground up on MT Hood is one of the most beautiful campgrounds around OR. The lake has rainbow trout and has the MT in the background. Nice outdoor pottys but no showers so you are on your own.

Here is a picture from the website:

·
Registered
957 Posts
I've camped many times on the Spring River near Hardy, Arkansas..The last few years thought, it has been taken over by the college kids---party central--not so fun anymore except in the middle of the week. I prefer the 'primative' camping, the electricity and running water are for wussies. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:cool: -As I mentioned in the 1911 discussion, I go North West of Tahoe also, but in remote 4wd area only--Vey few people and the lakes are beautiful--

--Usually 5/6/7000 feet--

--here's one at Gold Lake off of hiwy 89-South West end and trail is Class 5/6 4wd area ONLY

--

-- :-B-: --JIMBO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:cool: Hea Hea, I see you've changed the Quote ID-good, SheNine--

--That is a beautiful lake and one of probably 50 in that area of 4wd access, in this one (Gold Lake) one guy caught an 18 lb Macinaw trout last year and they even put the picture in the 2007/8 fishing reg book, but you have to go deep, troling way out in the lake--

SheNine said:
WOW!! That looks like a wonderfully peaceful place to spend some time...........
--There are pretty big Black bears, sniffing around at night, but we always sleep in my Xterra-doors locked windows up, S & W 1911 close by--

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I go camping both here in Nevada and southern Idaho. There are a lot of mountains close to my house and some camping grounds too. I can't wait for my kids to be old enough so I can do more hike in camping with the family.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:cool: -Well, you guys were talking about not posting so here go's a project--

--This is a custom Off-Road trailer I'm having built in Eugene, Oregon-

--First stage to paint color match my Nissan Xterra
-http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6432/dscf0830ss8.jpg

--Second stage waiting for special hub Billets to match my X wheel lug pattern--
--

--Should be done in about 2 more weeks, then I'll drive up there and pick it up

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:cool: -Well, you guys were talking about not posting, so here go's a project--

--This is a custom, Off-Road trailer, I'm having built in Eugene, Oregon-

--First stage to paint color match my Nissan Xterra
-

--Second stage waiting for special hub Billets to match my X wheel lug pattern--
--

--Should be done in about 2 more weeks, then I'll drive up there and pick it up

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:cool: --OK, not much interest here, (as I thought), but she's done now except for the harness wiring and State of Oregon serial # establish--

--So, I'll probably be going up to Eugene around the 7th/8th of November, then stop at Eagle lake Ca. on the way back--

-- :-B-: :i: --JIMBO

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
We love to camp/fish at Navajo Lake (far NW New Mexico), Heron Lake (far north, just south of the Colorado border), El Vado Lake (just south of Heron) or Abiquiu Lake (north/west of Espanola and Santa Fe. Now that we have the RV, I expect we'll get a lot more camping in than we were able to, the past few yrs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:cool: -Thanx, niner, as I posted earlier, we don't camp in NORMAL access places, so now we'll cary almost all the gear in the trailer and pre make-up the sleeping qrtrs in the X--

--This will save a lot of time and effort--

--I can even carry firewood on top of this trailer, in a special HD duffell bag --

--The way it's designed, it has 4 inches more clearance than the X and also has a skid plate for axle protection--

--I'll probably try it in the snow, before Xmas !!!!

-- -r- --JIMBO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:cool: OK, I put this in another thread, instead of this one--

--This is my finished trailer, from TENTRAX Eugene, Oregon and the completed trailer weighs 600lbs, now 3 days after I got it home, I've got 322 lbs of camping gear in it and the tongue weight is 92lbs--

--This is a pic in north California, with the semi-snowless Mt Shasta in the background--

--

-- :i: :i: --JIMBO

1 - 20 of 21 Posts