National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious what some of your favorite gear for camping is. Some of the things you'd never be caught camping without?

I personally have a small toolbag that I keep in my truck that I wouldn't be happy without while camping. It just has some of the most basic supplies (hatchet, can opener, ropes, etc.)

·
Premium Member
5,944 Posts
Rope, duct tape, some zip ties and rags to use as a gag.......never mind, that’s not for camping.

For camping I always have a tarp, rope, matches and a hatchet and saw. Everything beyond that just makes it nicer. Those jet boils are nice.

·
Registered
702 Posts
1 pistol-1 rifle plus ammo for both- 3 fire starters- 1 tarp- 1 straight blade knife and 1 folding- 3 water filters/straws - i stainless steel cup-1 axe- 1 hatchet- 100 ft of 550 cord- 1 whistle and 1 mirror plus surveyors tape-1 compas-1 extra pair of boots and 1 extra pair of socks- cold weather clothing for layers plus granola and other MRE's that are easy. Most of this I carry every day but I double up in my go bag on some things if I will be gone more than 3 days---lost or not.

At camp I have lots of Coleman gear that has been with me since 1978.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
I havent camped in a very long time but one of our main staples was a coleman lantern. Other basics were a tent, sleeping bag, fishing pole, some fire starting stuff and a cooler.

·
Registered
369 Posts
It's been quite some time since I went camping, but there is a list of basic essentials I'm guaranteed to bring if I do go:

Tarp
Rope
Knife (fixed blade)
Flashlight
First aid kit
Water filter (with extra cartridges)
Extra food (dried foods, usually)
Water bottle
Socks (2 pairs per day)

There may be more depending of where I'm going, who I'm with, and how long I'll be in the woods.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,329 Posts
mini rocket stove
cookware
flint
water purification straws
sleeping bag and tent
air pad for under sleeping bag (I'm old)
camping shovel and hatchet
tarp
rope/paracord
knife
pistol/ammo
first aid kit
flashlight
food
medications
change of clothes

·
Registered
1 Posts
Folding Table (Alps Mountaneering or Coleman)
Pocket knife and axe or any tough fixed blade knife to use it as an axe (ESEE/JEO TEC/Benchmade)
Camp chair (Therm-a-Rest Quadra)
Power station (Picowe, Jackery - this just depends on how many devices you take in thw woods, I'd suggest something solae compatible which would especially useful for self isolation in the outdoors
Something for camp kitchen (a pan, coffee kettle, durable tempproof cups and TRASH BAGS!)
Emergency kit (never had any specific, collected it piece by piece: medical tape, bandages, aspirin, tire patch kit, jumper cables, extra water)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts