National Gun Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15,520 Posts
It's in the $3.60 range here. it goes up a few cents every few days it seems. That should mean it's spring going into the summer travel months right?

·
Registered
192 Posts
My wife was getting gas on her lunch break a few days ago and she said someone had put a Biden "I did that" sticker by the price screen, haha. 87 octane is $3.19 here....well, it was a couple days ago.

·
Registered
359 Posts
People in Kalifornia asked for it a long time ago. Oil is being produced within sight of the beaches there so they have no shortage. Where is the money going? Why aren't government entities REQUIRED to do realistic budgets then adhere to them? I have a budget and I reconcile it every month after adhering to it. If we run out of money on any category, we stop spending there. THAT is what a budget is for. When it's other people's money.....it's easy to over-spend. That's the understatement of the year.

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why aren't government entities REQUIRED to do realistic budgets then adhere to them?
They are… with the exception of Vermont. The issue is that, much like passing unconstitutional, right infringing laws that they know to be unconstitutional, there is no punishment for said deeds. As long as there is no punishment, they will continue to do so until their last breath…

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
If you understand where Gorda is, it makes sense. This town is located on a very narrow and crooked road on the coast. Driving a car is tough but a tanker is crazy.

·
Registered
20,567 Posts
The town's only gas station is offering regular unleaded for $7.59. Premium is nearly $8.50.

The town has long been known for having some of the highest prices in the country. A sign at the gas station notes the next nearest station is 40 miles away to the north and 12 miles to the south.

Gorda is located along the Big Sur coast,

Possibly some clues,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
56,401 Posts
Taxes and Fees on gasoline in California

Federal excise tax – 18.4 cents per gallon (cpg)
California state excise tax – 51.1 cpg, some of which is used for roads, freeways and bridges
Sales tax – It varies by area. The average is 12.7 cpg
Underground storage tank fee – 2 cpg
Fuels under the cap – 15.1 cpg This program works to control greenhouse gases.
Low carbon fuel standard - 22.6 cpg This program is designed to reduce carbon intensity in transportation fuels.

That's $1.21 per gallon going to government(s).

Also, California has a special grade of gasoline, and 10% of it is ethanol, which costs more money to transport. Real estate prices are higher here than elsewhere adding to the cost of doing business in California.

I'm sure you can find figures for your state.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Taxes and Fees on gasoline in California

Federal excise tax – 18.4 cents per gallon (cpg)
California state excise tax – 51.1 cpg, some of which is used for roads, freeways and bridges
Sales tax – It varies by area. The average is 12.7 cpg
Underground storage tank fee – 2 cpg
Fuels under the cap – 15.1 cpg This program works to control greenhouse gases.
Low carbon fuel standard - 22.6 cpg This program is designed to reduce carbon intensity in transportation fuels.

That's $1.21 per gallon going to government(s).

Also, California has a special grade of gasoline, and 10% of it is ethanol, which costs more money to transport. Real estate prices are higher here than elsewhere adding to the cost of doing business in California.

I'm sure you can find figures for your state.
Very nice breakdown.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts