National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a Pawn Shop be my best best? It looks like impossible to be able to purchase a gun. Im just concerned with the current climate of the nation. Does anyone have any advice, i know i should have gotten one. But curious what anyone would suggest.. Thanks and excited to be here.

·
Aim true !
11,797 Posts
Are you only buying a gun because of the virus? And then there is the availability of ammo to consider. You will need ammo to learn how to shoot your gun, And get proficient with it.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
24,268 Posts
If you waited until the threat was upon you to think about getting a firearm, you are basically too late and SOL.

It's like running to Home Depot to buy a fire extinguisher, because your home is on fire.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
If you want a gun to entertain yourself during the current "panic", I'd suggest a pellet gun, which you can buy from Amazon. Do NOT consider a BB gun, as that can bounce back and hurt you. I spend happy hours shooting mine in my basement when I don't want to travel to my gun club (yes, the ranges are open, but the club house and restrooms have been closed).

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
Cheap for HD would be a Mossberg/Maverick 88 - about $200; 12 gauge ammo should be easily found

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
closing the gate after the cows got out..........10 day waiting period, written testing and probably more stuff/regs.

you can explore black powder options.......but i do not know california law on such.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Would a Pawn Shop be my best best? It looks like impossible to be able to purchase a gun. Im just concerned with the current climate of the nation. Does anyone have any advice, i know i should have gotten one. But curious what anyone would suggest.. Thanks and excited to be here.
You can mail order a black-powder gun in CA, but I'm not sure if you can get powder for it. I would stay away from black-powder guns if you don't have experience with them, as you won't be able to test it out right now in an urban area.

I would go with a repeating crossbow.
It would certainly get your point across, and you could practice in your back yard with it/

Ignore most the responses on here. This is a forum. These types of forums are loaded to the gills with jerks, and gun culture tends to be much worse than other interests with all that.

·
Registered
19,754 Posts
"Ignore most the responses on here. This is a forum. These types of forums are loaded to the gills with jerks, and gun culture tends to be much worse than other interests with all that."

So why are you here, pretender to the title of "great, great, great, not so great, grandson of "Bill Tell"?

·
Registered
100 Posts
"Ignore most the responses on here. This is a forum. These types of forums are loaded to the gills with jerks, and gun culture tends to be much worse than other interests with all that."

So why are you here, pretender to the title of "great, great, great, not so great, grandson of "Bill Tell"?
Because not everyone sucks on forums like this. I would say that the majority of posters are helpful and friendly 99% of the time. However, then there's posters like you that are just angry and often negative about whatever. It's kinda funny actually, but not too helpful.

When I see someone post on here or really any forum that's an obvious noob, I just cringe because I know that half the responses are going to be condescending nothing burgers or some form of a scolding. It happens on my guitar forum, it happens on my off-road forum, and it REALLY happens on the gun forums I subscribe to. It's much worst with guns because it's a subject that's been highly politicized. You get someone that's never owned a gun asking a question on a forum like this, and it makes a lot of the posters angry because they see this poster as one of "them." My Uncle is like that. Guy owns a gun store and is a complete tool to anyone that comes in that's new to guns or under the age of 40. The only reason he's still in business is because he's got some great employees.....SMH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts