National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been seeing prices online that are much better than the stores nearby, and one of the stores nearby only charges a $15 for their fee if I have it shipped to them. So it's definitely a viable option...in theory. Have any of you ordered guns online and shipped to a nearby FFL holder, and if so what have your experiences been? And what websites would you recommend? I've seen very mixed things about websites such as Cheaperthandirt and budsgunshop. People either hate them or love them it seems, with little in between. What are your opinions and experiences?

·
Banned
632 Posts
I will never give CTD a penny of my money. I have bought from Bud's, but when the smoke cleared I really didn't save anything, what with the shipping and FFL transfer fee's. I guess it all depends on what you buy. Nowadays my focus is on milsurp firearms, and a having a C&R makes it possible to bypass the FFL and have it shipped right to my door.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will never give CTD a penny of my money. I have bought from Bud's, but when the smoke cleared I really didn't save anything, what with the shipping and FFL transfer fee's. I guess it all depends on what you buy. Nowadays my focus is on milsurp firearms, and a having a C&R makes it possible to bypass the FFL and have it shipped right to my door.
That's exactly what I am interested in as well, milsurp, that's even what I was looking at. How do you go about getting a C&R? I was reading about it, but didn't make much sense of it on my own.

·
Banned
632 Posts
Go to the ATF website, and download the form. Fill in EVERY space, omit nothing. Take a copy to your local county sheriff (or Police Chief) and leave one with them. send the COMPLETED form to the ATF along with a check for $30.00. Wait. Wait some more, and when you have just about given jup, you will receive your 03 FFL in the mail. Make about 30 copies (every online company you buy from will want one for their records) DON'T sign the original, but do sign the copies as you send them out. You are now legally able to purchase any Curio and/or Relic that is over 50 years old and in original condition, with no modifications, and have said item delivered right to you. It's a license to buy and colllect, but not a license to sell. You have to keep a logbook of every item bought under your 03 FFL, and open that logbook to the ATF anytime they want to have a look at it. My next piece of advise would be to buy a safe; you're gonna need it to hold all the awesome deals that are about to come your way. good luck!

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
I have limited experience. Do confess, been rather overdoing it the past month.
All I see online with ones you mentioned, others, or gun broker. Many of those aren't any deal at all. Gotta pick and choose. I have found very competitive prices locally. I've bought two guns through gun broker. They were an exceptional deal. But both were also police trade ins.
I found a great deal on a rifle at Cabelas. They do have some great deals at times.
I also just bought some bullets at Cabelas. Going through that bot I was told about on another thread. Extremely good price on lead bullets. I've used those bullets before. Good bullets. I now believe in that GunBot.
I have an FFL that charges only $20. There are those that charge more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Robsdad, just want to thank you I have my application in and after waiting and waiting I should have my C&R. Thanks for talking me through the application process.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
have had good luck with
cdnn investments
j and g sales
summit gun broker

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
I buy all my guns from online sites. Prices are almost always much lower than LGS. Yes, I pay for shipping and there is a transfer fee, but even combined, they are usually no worse than sales tax, and I have the added satisfaction of depriving my thoroughly corrupt local government of that revenue. Is there any guilt for not shopping locally? Of course not - any LGS with even a modicum of business savvy lists its inventory with Internet sellers at competitive prices. It is a fact of business life that retail has evolved, and I fully expect LGSs to evolve along with it.

I have bought guns from GunsAmerica, Gun Auction, Gunbroker, and J&G Sales with complete satisfaction. Enjoy,and buy with confidence.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I order firearms, ammunition, and reloading supplies online all the time. I have had an excellent experience with everyone I deal with. Last week ordered a gun from impactguns.com and received the gun to my local FFL in a timely fashion, and the firearm was received as described by the seller. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again. All my ammunition is ordered online from places such as Cabelas, Gander Mountain, and SGAmmo. And a variety of shooting supplies are ordered from Midway and Natchez Shooters Supply.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts