National Gun Forum banner

Would you rather buy a used gun or new gun?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Country Dad
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, Here's another Poll, I Like to see what people's thoughts are.

When you buying a gun of any kind, Would you rather buy used or new. I know alot could go with this, But take it as you could buy a new gun for a reg deal, or a used gun (same model) for a great price?

I would say I would want the new gun, Cause to me I want to be the first, last and the only one to fire that weapon.. It trully would be MY gun...

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
I like to buy new but I just can't pass up an old S&W,Colt,or Ruger SS model if the price is right. Sometimes even if the price isn't just right I buy them anyway. I have a passion for old revolvers. :D

G

·
i prefer a new gun because of the warranties and I kinda enjoy that new gun smell. :D. I bought my current carry gun used, i really did not like the idea of it, but it was in excellent condition and it's a Glock so i had minimal concern.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Dosent really matter to me.
Sometimes I cant find what I want new or they no longer make it.
I like the old S&W revolvers.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
I prefer to buy new, but I will buy used if I know, and trust, the person from whom I'm purchasing.
For the record, I've only ever bought one used gun, and that was from a fellow member on this forum. ;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
I like em new..but I wont turn down a classic at a good price

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I've bought a few used, especially when deciding on which to carry.

Once I settled, I bought new for my carry gun.

I like buying used through consignment sections at dealers or through CDNN, got some great deals.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I've purchased both new and used. However I keep reading on the various forums of someone buying a new firearm, it didn't work right (trigger, feed, extract, eject, etc), so they sold it. I don't want to be the guy who buys the other guy's problem gun. I've been fortunate so far, the used ones I acquired work fine.

E

G

·
To me it doesn't really matter since I look over everything about the gun whether it's new or used. Just with a used gun I take an even closer look at everything. The shop I frequent is really good about what they take in too, and has the lowest prices I've found anywhere, even online. So new, used, whatever. It's all good as long as you make sure it's what you want and it's in the condition you want.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I can buy new any time, almost anywhere. Show me a 20- 30- 40-year old or older Smith & Wesson or Colt handgun or a Remington or Winchester rifle, and I'll be looking for a hammer to break open the piggy bank!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts