National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
David Codrea of War On Guns has asked for support in countering the Brady National Protest on August 28th

Thursday, August 16, 2007
Bradys Call for National Protest on Aug. 28

On August 28, activists in cities across America will hold a national day of protest to focus attention on the scourge of illegal gun trafficking.

As I said on KABA Newslink Comments:

I'm going to try and start a blog swarm at WarOnGuns to get gun owners to buy a box of ammo on Aug 28--be nice if gun stores would offer some sort of nominal discount or a door prize (no purchase necessary to enter, just to keep things legal) or some such on that day to encourage this--Tuesdays may typically be slow days anyway, so this would get people in their stores and probably work out to their profit.

It'd be nice unintended consequences for the Bradys if we could demonstrate a few percentage points of sales increases on that day because of this.

If gun stores use a door prize incentive, I'd like to see them give away a copy of JPFO's "The Gang," but the point is just to make it happen, not to get caught up in the details of how. We're far enough away to where this won't encroach on National Ammo Day, and it would be a great in-your-face to have our enemies' plans backfire on them.

But here's the thing: It won't happen if it's just me pushing. It will die in obscurity on this blog.

Will YOU take it on yourself to spread the word, to participate, to get this message to your favorite gun store, to post about it if you have a blog, or to ask blogs you frequent to encourage their readers to join in?

As gun owners, we need to buy ammo anyway, and this really will take minimal effort on everyone's part. Or will this just be another "Profile in Apathy," where little is asked and nothing is done?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Sure works for me! I will buy several boxes on that day! Great idea!

G

·
i'll do it up here in canada to. i've got clients asking about kent's tungsten matrix shot, how it performs on ducks and geese.i've got theories but honestly never tried it! so why not. at $29.99 for a box of 10 !!!!! it's said to be superior to lead. LET"S HOPE SO!!!!!! lol get out there every body on the 28th. pblsyd

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Gives me a good reason to buy some .45 ACP, 12, 20 and 16 gauge with a few 30-06 rounds.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I am on my way to see whats on sale!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hmm, not sure what to buy, I'm pretty well stocked up on everything and can't find any Wolf .223 locally. I'll take a trip down to the circus this afternoon and see if anything is on sale.

-Derek

G

·
well i did it. two boxes of kent's tungsten matrix. almost $70.00 with tax for 20 shots.goose season opens sept.7, i think i'll wait til then to fire the first one!!pblsyd

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
sig232 said:
I'm back! Went to Sportsmans Warehouse and spent $100. Bought some 380 and several boxes of 9mm, American Eagle, some 22 subsonic and a large box of small pistol primers. I really didn't need anything but wanted to lodge my protest!

They still don't have any bulk pistol lead for reloading. Just the expensive small boxes of name brand bullets. Guess I will need to go direct to Oregon Trail or some other mfg to get what I need.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great deal folks. Im glad we just had our first...... "Second Amendment" support day. I need a calender like SheNine said. Im going to work on that now. I want to have a calender FULL of events and B-Days.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Travis said:
Great deal folks. Im glad we just had our first...... "Second Amendment" support day. I need a calender like SheNine said. Im going to work on that now. I want to have a calender FULL of events and B-Days.
My birthday is Friday just make sure you have that on your calendar! ;) ;) :lol:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
ICM856 said:
Bought a 1000 rounds of PMC 9mm today. Paid $176.23 tax included.... -I

You got a very good price. I used to get the PMC for $6.50 at Fishermans Marine. Today I paid another 3.50 per box or close to that.

I was looking at 357 sig ammo and it was $26 per box! Thats nuts!!

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
sig232 said:
sig232 said:
I'm back! Went to Sportsmans Warehouse and spent $100. Bought some 380 and several boxes of 9mm, American Eagle, some 22 subsonic and a large box of small pistol primers. I really didn't need anything but wanted to lodge my protest!

They still don't have any bulk pistol lead for reloading. Just the expensive small boxes of name brand bullets. Guess I will need to go direct to Oregon Trail or some other mfg to get what I need.
There's something goofy going on with Sportsmens Warehouse and bulk bullets. They used to carry Xtreme brand (formerly West Coast Bullets) and let themselves run out. I wrote a letter to the company and received doubletalk as a response. I talked to the local mgr and he had no explanation. The best deal I've found is from Outdoor Marksman ( http://www.outdoormarksman.com/buyammo.php ) who treated me right and had my stuff (all 324 lbs of it) to me in 5 days from Oregon to NM.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
By their post, which is dated Sun, Nov 12, 2006 7:39 pm , I wonder whether there is an organized Ntl Ammo Day/Week this yr.

If not, maybe we at NGF should make sure that there is! We all go on other forums and can remind folks about the event, and we have plenty of time to do it.

What'cha thinK?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts