National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in a Bushmaster Carbon 15 Pistol, P97S, and as I've seen that some of you have a Bushmaster Pistol, I had a few questions?

Have you ever experienced feeding problems? also, considering that there isn't a forward assist.

What would you suggest as a gun case for it? with a 7.5" barrel, and overall length of 20", where would I find the best hard shelled case for it?

Although the concept is based off of an AR, what are the differences in field stripping? It would seem that because of the trigger guard, you would have to completely remove the upper receiver, as opposed to shotgunning, with the pin captive?

Any information would be great. Thanks! :i:

G

·
i had a bushmaster pistol for a short time. i found it to be unreliable and uncomfortable to shoot because of the gas tube sticking out the back. i tried out the keltec version (PLR-16) and decided to trade up for it. the keltec cost me $475 new and has given me 2500 rounds flawlessly. it's fun to shoot and pretty accurate, even with cheap surplus ammo. it looks like the flames of hell are coming out of your barrel when you shoot at night, it's a little loud too. give it a look before you drop almost twice as much on the bushmaster.

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/plr16.html

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
big dutchman said:
i had a bushmaster pistol for a short time. i found it to be unreliable and uncomfortable to shoot because of the gas tube sticking out the back. i tried out the keltec version (PLR-16) and decided to trade up for it. the keltec cost me $475 new and has given me 2500 rounds flawlessly. it's fun to shoot and pretty accurate, even with cheap surplus ammo. it looks like the flames of hell are coming out of your barrel when you shoot at night, it's a little loud too. give it a look before you drop almost twice as much on the bushmaster.

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/plr16.html
Been thinking about one of them PLR-16's. I hear their working out good and I like the fact that they take AR mags. :i: :---

G

·
i love mine. it might just be the most fun of all my handguns to shoot. i put the compact forend on it right away ($35 from cheaperthandirt.com) and added a cheap tactical light. i still have the iron sights but i'm looking into some type of red dot scope for it. once i put a standard ar-15 flash supressor on it tamed down the recoil and muzzle flash alot, even the noise a bit. i have not found a downside to this gun in comparison to the bushmaster yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts