National Gun Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got some money just burning a hole in my pocket. I just can’t decide where to put it. I really like this stainless .45 Black Hawk. I’d have to come up with some more scratch for it but it’s doable. Then there’s the Mark IV .22 or even a different Mark II. I could go for a new shotgun, even though I’ve got just about every one I could use. I’d go for a new rifle but my eye is still an issue that’s being addressed.
1CEFE9B0-42E4-4A8B-931F-5AA2EBECDAAB.jpeg

·
Aim true !
10,267 Posts
Some tough decisions there. But that black hawk would be sweet to have. I like my 40sw 10mm Black hawk a lot.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
With a classic caliber like 45 colt have you considered a Vaquero or Bisley?

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasn’t considering the Isley or Vaquaro. I just don’t know enough about them. I had a Black Hawk and I gave it to my son. I’ve been suffering givers remorse ever since. I like the strength of the Black Hawk. Why should I look at the others?

·
Registered
13,203 Posts
I wasn’t considering the Isley or Vaquaro. I just don’t know enough about them. I had a Black Hawk and I gave it to my son. I’ve been suffering givers remorse ever since. I like the strength of the Black Hawk. Why should I look at the others?

I could be wrong but i believe they are the same guns with different grips/grip frame shape.

Reactions: fixitfred

·
Live Free
2,873 Posts
Blackhawk! The interchangeable cylinder models are kinda cool, and Blackhawks are good tough revolvers. The Bisley is simply a different grip frame, some people prefer it, while the Vaquero is a fixed sight gun great for cowboy action crowd. You can see the varieties on Ruger web site.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,927 Posts
Ruger Bisley is a Blackhawk with a Bisley gripframe. It may, or may not, have adjustable sights... depending on Model.

Ruger Vaquero is a Blackhawk with a slightly rounded frame and fixed sights designed to make it look somewhat like a Colt SAA.

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My son brought the Black Hawk to our club this morning. He brought the 300 Gr +P Corbon loads he took to Wyoming for bear protection. 20 rounds were $50! He fired 3 shots and handed it to me. I fired 1 and said “That’s enough of that silliness “. Wow that really hurt!
There’s a Ruger 44 Carbine at my LGS and I could certainly go for that. Then I’d get the Super Black Hawk in 44 Mag. I just don’t know.

·
Live Free
2,873 Posts
My son brought the Black Hawk to our club this morning. He brought the 300 Gr +P Corbon loads he took to Wyoming for bear protection. 20 rounds were $50! He fired 3 shots and handed it to me. I fired 1 and said “That’s enough of that silliness “. Wow that really hurt!
There’s a Ruger 44 Carbine at my LGS and I could certainly go for that. Then I’d get the Super Black Hawk in 44 Mag. I just don’t know.
:laughing: You don’t have to load it that hot all the time! But it is pretty impressive for an old black powder cartridge. The Blackhawks can handle some impressive loads in 45 Colt. I have loaded up some in my day. It is sorta funny, because they felt real mellow after shooting the .454.

I have often wanted one of those Ruger 44 mag carbines...

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Well they have a redhawk no cylinder change uses moon clips

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I like the Rugers.
Sounds to me like you do not have it narrowed down much
If you do not have one, perhaps a nice lever rifle , they are a hoot to shoot and come in many calibers. I like the Henry's

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a Winchester 94 Trapper in .45 Colt. I gave it to my son along with my 4 5/8” Black Hawk in .45 Colt. Now I’m missing them. But this is now a reason or excuse to get a new SA .44 Mag and rifle even if it’s not a lever. My brother really likes is Beasley and vaquero. Just not too sure on caliber or model right now.

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
Right now, I would be "investing" in toilet paper and long-term grocery staples...................guns can wait until this virus goes away

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I’ve got TP and staples enough for a month. Guns on the other hand are always a good investment. I just bought another SKS.

·
Registered
13,203 Posts
I’ve got TP and staples enough for a month. Guns on the other hand are always a good investment. I just bought another SKS.
Most people are trying to get rid of the Chinese virus and you went and bought one? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts