National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you a competetive bullseye shooter?

Lets hear from you all. What do you shoot? Rimfire or centerfire? Both? Are you a league shooter or tramp around to various matches. What guns do you shoot? Average scores?

I shoot .22 matches in the Merrimack Valley Pistol League here in Mass. I shoot a .45 and .22 in our Summer Fun League. It's open to anyone and based on a handicap points system so all can be competetive. My .22 match average is 274, .45 average a touch less. :( My .22 guns are the Ruger and S&W 41, depending what I feel like that day. My .45 is the S&W 1911 with iron sights.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Don't shoot it but it looks like it would be a lot of fun. How often do you shoot? How about some pictures of you guns? Good luck and good shooting. :-B-:
:oops: I just went down the new post and I seen you guns. My fault. :oops:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Baldy said:
Don't shoot it but it looks like it would be a lot of fun. How often do you shoot? How about some pictures of you guns? Good luck and good shooting. :-B-:
I shoot every Monday night during the league season, we travel to the various clubs here. They are all no more than 10-12 miles away. The summer fun shoots are also every Monday during the off season. Then many times on Friday nights, a bunch of us get together at my club and we'll shoot two practice matches and retire to the lounge for food and adult beverages once the pistolas are cased up. :i: I posted pics in the Gun Pictures forum.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Well, im not really in a rifle competition shooters group, but i am in a ROTC shooting team. I average about 210 with a .177 airrifle. Its an old POS, if i had one of the newer rifles it would be higher.

I want to get on a good shooting team. Right now im working on my own at home target shooting with a 22 rimfire Tu KKw trainer

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cy5018 said:
Well, im not really in a rifle competition shooters group, but i am in a ROTC shooting team. I average about 210 with a .177 airrifle. Its an old POS, if i had one of the newer rifles it would be higher.

I want to get on a good shooting team. Right now im working on my own at home target shooting with a 22 rimfire Tu KKw trainer
Sometimes shooting an inferior gun makes you learn better fundamentals. For a long time I shot a Ruger Mark III with a terrible trigger. It made me really practice trigger control. Then when I had the Volquartsen trigger installed, I was so used to controlling a heavy/gritty trigger that yhe crisp light one made easy work of the 10 ring. :i:

·
Just Some Dude...
1,142 Posts
I've worked my way through NRA's Sharpshooter ranking in Bullseye Rifle. I would like to hit the Distinguished Expert rank one day... but I have not competed in nearly year.

·
Registered
568 Posts
mk70ss said:
Cy5018 said:

Sometimes shooting an inferior gun makes you learn better fundamentals. For a long time I shot a Ruger Mark III with a terrible trigger. It made me really practice trigger control. Then when I had the Volquartsen trigger installed, I was so used to controlling a heavy/gritty trigger that yhe crisp light one made easy work of the 10 ring. :i:

Yeah, agreed. My biggest problem though, it well, i have earthquakey hands. I can barely use a wiimote because of it. And in the Standing shoots i always get about a 40-50. In prone and kneeling i bring in 80-95 (95 was highest ive ever got) If i could have steadier arms, id be much better. I probably need to just work out more and get stronger arms. That would probably help

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are a couple pics of my two bullseye pistols.

The Ruger has a Volquartsen target trigger, hammer, sear, springs, and extended slide release. The red dot is an Adco. The grips are Vitarbo.

The S&W Model 41 is 7 inch version. Red dot is a Millett, grip is a Vitarbo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts