National Gun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone can help with identifying a bullet, I was on the thames foreshore yesterday and found a bullet the markings on it are 303 fabius hf there may be another letter after the f its a little worn the f in fabius possibly could be a e as its worn, the bullet has a drilled out point and is dark grey to black in colour, I am guessing its a blank but any help would be great, its not the first bullet I have found the previous was a german mauser round dated 1916 any help would be apreciated

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,141 Posts
There were so many manufacturers of 303 British ammunition that complete cataloging would make a book.

Here's some links that should keep you busy for a while

Headstamps of the .303 British Calibre Service Ammunition Round

.303 Headstamp Cartridge Identification

A hollow, 'drilled out', tip? That may be what's left of an explosive round. Lookie here: https://sites.google.com/site/britmilammo/-303-inch/-303-inch-explosive If you look to the right of the page, you'll see many .303 Brit ammunition types to research.

·
55,141 Posts
Can you post photos of the round?

·
Registered
19,570 Posts
I don't believe it's bullet. Bullet manufacturers don't roll engrave numbers into bullets. At the very last of the video the numbers appear to be "impressed" into the cylinder. From the nose hole It may be a "set" for rivets or fasteners (?) and the base/flat end appears to have been struck. Google and three pages of inquiry disclose nothing.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Got to agree that I don't think it's a bullet, if you have a bullet scale weigh it and measure it with calipers to check diameter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the answers, i do not have measuring tools, the lettering is slightly pressed into the case, could it be a starting pistol round....??? there are races and lots of boat traffic on the thames, maybe a film prop, I can not find anything on line.

·
55,141 Posts
That is not a firearm projectile. I don't know what is but I do know what it isn't.

Reactions: RMLamp

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can someone help me identify this bullet? A friend gave it to me as they thought it was a 9mm, but I wanted to confirm before loading and firing. I have a Sig Sauer SigPro SP2022 9mm. I would appreciate any insight.
IMG_5858.JPG IMG_5859.JPG

1 - 11 of 11 Posts