National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do enough shooting that I think it would benefit me to start buying in bulk.
I have seen many suppliers of ammo online and I am aware that ammo gets heavy in a hurry and therefore shipping can be expensive.
I live in central AZ and I am interested in finding a supplier of bulk ammo somewhere on the west coast area so shipping might be cheaper.
Who do you use?

·
Aim true !
9,729 Posts
I use myself. I load my own. Reloading might be something you may want to consider.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really sure I want to invest in reloading. Looked at that possibility before.

·
Aim true !
9,729 Posts
It is a lot to consider. Ammo seek is a good source.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have their website, but if appears difficult to determine where they supply from to me.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Shipping may not be as much as you think if the shippers use flat rate boxes. I know many bullet seller and bulk lead sellers use these boxes. You can fit quite a bit of weight into one of the $15 boxes. Best way to find out is order some stuff and hit the check out, if the shipping is too much just don't finish the sale.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
10,447 Posts
I agree with the ammoseek tip.
Natchez shooting supply may work well for you.
I use Targetsports USA. They don’t charge shipping on case orders and are. usually the same price per case as other places that do charge shipping.

I have a whole Dillion RL550b system but have yet to set up. Probably had it about 2 years now. It’s still in the box.
shame on me... :lol:

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,775 Posts
Go talk with the high volume ammo selling local gun stores in your area. See what kind of deal you can negotiate on case lot sales. If you shoot 'non popular' ammunition like .250 Savage or .32 S&W you may have to time your purchases with theirs.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I use Ammo Man, and I have never had a problem, though I have read some horror stories. They have free shipping, but I can't say if they deliver to the left coast.

You would have to check with them.

·
Registered
7,996 Posts
TargetSports USA out of CT - buy by the case and shipping is free. Join their prime member program and you get wholesale pricing and free shipping on every order, even less than case quantities.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I purchase my ammo online in bulk and get free shipping from Texas to Iowa. I have not tried any of the others except out of Missouri and even then shipping was really small compared to other things I have bought from others online.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I purchase my ammo online in bulk and get free shipping from Texas to Iowa. I have not tried any of the others except out of Missouri and even then shipping was really small compared to other things I have bought from others online.
Which supplier to you use?

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
I've purchased bulk before, shipping isnt bad. Its either free shipping or (to me) somewhat small amount. This is on the premisie of what I feel is bulk. What you feel is bulk might be different. If I do purchase I'm looking for 1K rounds of one size.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts