National Gun Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Last Stand on Earth
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
upon which gun will the blue grips you are getting be imstalled?
I bought them for the Raptor but now I question it. The factory grips are growing on me. I will play with both it and the S&W and see if anything actually looks better in person. I tried the VZ Fallout grips on the Raptor earlier and didn’t like it. Worst case, I save them for a future gun. The magwells I ordered won’t work with either factory grip but I have the MSH from the Stainless IIs (which are actually stainless) to replace the Raptor’s plastic MSH if I leave the factory grips on it.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Also just ordered another hard chrome American Classic II, this one in 9mm. Thought I’d complete the set.
Yes, the empty space on the wall was disturbing me too... :)

• Haha
Reactions: Philmo11

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
I keep telling you.,. You‘re going to need a bigger step stool soon to take that snapshot of them all!

Looking forward to seeing the new grips you put on that chrome TriStar

and… we need to see a Rumble video review of each of these!

·
Last Stand on Earth
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
My wife just realized how many 1911s I now have 😂. She was balancing the check book after vacation and we were talking about how much we spent on that trip. I said, yeah but $1100 was on that Colt I bought on the way. She told me I spent $3k in the last week or two. I started laughing and asked her when the last time she was in the vault 😂. Long story short, she made a trip up there and I gave her the tour of all the new ones.

I have a cool wife 😉

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
My wife just realized how many 1911s I now have 😂. She was balancing the check book after vacation and we were talking about how much we spent on that trip. I said, yeah but $1100 was on that Colt I bought on the way. She told me I spent $3k in the last week or two. I started laughing and asked her when the last time she was in the vault 😂. Long story short, she made a trip up there and I gave her the tour of all the new ones.

I have a cool wife 😉
Me too… my wife is supportive of my hobby… I’m a lucky man

Reactions: Wag and Philmo11

·
Last Stand on Earth
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
I took inventory of what chamberings I had in 1911s now. 3 in 10mm, 6 in 9mm and 11 in 45.

I have really jumped on that 9mm bandwagon I guess. Unintentionally. I had gotten down to just the single Springfield XD, which I just sold off. Including those 2 Tanfoglios I just bought, I’m up to 8 full size 9mm handguns. 5 of them $1400+ handguns. Honestly never thought I’d be in this place.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Was just talking about my collection with one of my children... a 33 yr old daughter...

She has picked our a few she would like (as has one of my sons)

Next weekend is a gunshow here in town (Cedar Rapids, IA)... I'll be taking a few of mine and sitting a table to try and sell them

The consignment sales at my LGS have been slow (when she agrees to sell them... Which isn't often anymore) and GunBroker sales take a bit of work and time

·
Last Stand on Earth
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Nor did I but there I was.. Been slowly whittling down the accumulation.
You had a lot more whittling down to do than I did. I actually have less guns than in January but my stash feels more “accomplished” if that makes sense. I still have stuff to get rid of but it’s less random than it was. You’ve been around to see this gun collection grow from the very first rifle, I’m sure you get what I’m saying.

·
Last Stand on Earth
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Kimber Stainless II 45 Long Slide is home.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

I haven’t looked at the fitment yet but the finish is perfect. I pulled it out of the box, wiped the oil off the surface and put it on the floor for a pic.

When I turned around, there were two loaded magazines on my tv stand. I thought, “What the hell?” I shoved one in, walked out to the porch and emptied it into the pasture.

No hiccups of any kind. I saw the impact at 40 yards through the sights so it’s got to be close out of the box. Slide locked back on empty. A little less recoil than I remember those 45’s having. Was pleasant to shoot. No complaints here, none. I’ve had nothing but issues with Kimber 10mm 1911s but they can definitely build a 45. I’m happy with it.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts