National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Last Stand on Earth
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thread is meant to be a timeline photo thread. Since I sold off the 1911s I bought as impulse buys and kept only what I wanted, thought I’d start a thread for rebuilding the small collection I had bigger and better. I like threads I can come back to later on and see how things progressed over time.

Thread is open to whoever wants to participate. Just grab a group photo of your collection and post it up. Post an updated photo as you add to your collection. I’m going to add the last 3 I took with the dates I took the photo to kick it off. Old group photos are fine, don’t have to know when it was taken. I plan to come back and update whenever I add new ones to the collection.

3/10/202
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Material property

3/24/2022
Brown Product Textile Paint brush Font

3/25/2022
Air gun Trigger Font Gun barrel Wood

5/6/2022
Product Font Motor vehicle Material property Wood

·
Aim true !
14,010 Posts
I been meaning to put mine in order. Just haven't got to it. Hot water heater ordeal was getting on my nerves. It's ordered now. My necks been bothering me. And chest pain. Hospital said not a heart attack. So they upped my heart meds.

·
Last Stand on Earth
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I been meaning to put mine in order. Just haven't got to it. Hot water heater ordeal was getting on my nerves. It's ordered now. My necks been bothering me. And chest pain. Hospital said not a heart attack. So they upped my heart meds.
Take care of yourself man. Thats the most important thing. Mom's water heater went out too. Had to replace it on Friday.

·
Last Stand on Earth
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ordered another stainless Garrison in 9mm. This one I bought outright. Price was way too good to pass up. I believe it was $769 shipped at Family Firearms. I paid $920 on gunbroker for the first one and that was the cheap one. It was actually $849 but with $70 in taxes and fees.

I tried to buy two but only one in stock. If you are looking for one, I’d keep an eye on their site for it to come back in stock.

·
Premium Member
2,677 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Philmo11

·
Last Stand on Earth
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are not all reliable yet but they will be when I’m done with them.

I have 3 coming. The Colt, the Rapide Dawn that will be here in a couple days and a stainless Garrison that’s on layaway still. If there’s something else that tickles my fancy I’m sure I’ll buy it too. Unfortunately, I’ve spent nearly $10k on just the 1911s this past 3 or 4 months so I’m going to take some guns I don’t enjoy as much to auction and free up some cash to keep the momentum going. I’d like a 1911 collection like my revolver collection when it’s over. I’ll sacrifice some rifles/shotguns to get there.

·
Premium Member
2,677 Posts
Those are on the floor 😂
Yep… I meant getting higher so you can put more guns on the floor next to them and capture all in the photograph

but… ‘it sounds like you have that (expanding the collection) well in hand‘… he said jealousy :)

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Last Stand on Earth
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep… I meant getting higher so you can put more guns on the floor next to them and capture all in the photograph

but… ‘it sounds like you have that (expanding the collection) well in hand‘… he said jealousy :)
Idk if it warrants jealousy, lol. Maybe after they are all running reliable. 😉 The rash of QC issues lately has been a bit discouraging. If that Rapide comes in having issues, I am most likely going to lose my chickens on some poor soul.

·
Last Stand on Earth
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
6/5
Air gun Wood Trigger Font Gun accessory

Last family pic before there are some drastic changes. 3 pictured are going to auction today and will be replaced with something else later. I have one 9mm Garrison at Springfield that didn’t make the pic but oh well… it’s going to auction after it gets here too.

The matte Kimber, the CA compliant Springfield Loaded and the RIA BBR 3.10 are going bye bye.

·
Last Stand on Earth
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Monday is a big day, 3 new 1911’s to the collection. I always tell myself that I can be patient but at the last min, curiosity always wins out. So here I am, 2:30am wishing I had them here to play with.

FYI… Family Firearms has a stainless RIA 45 under $600 shipped for anyone interested. It’s stainless, not nickel plated. I almost bought one out of curiosity but decided to pass. I bought enough.

·
Last Stand on Earth
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Less in this pic but quality went up a little.

6/29
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Machine gun Gun accessory

Removed:
Springfield Loaded CA Compliant in 45
RIA BBR 3.10 in 45
A Kimber Stainless II in 10mm

Added:
Metro Arms American Classic II in 10mm
Kimber Stainless Raptor II in 45

New Grips on the MetroArms
New grips on the Springfields
New magwells on the Kimbers

·
Premium Member
2,677 Posts
I like the unique skeletonized hammer on the MA… I’ve never see anything like that before

·
Premium Member
2,677 Posts
upon which gun will the blue grips you are getting be imstalled?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts