National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've thought about building a suppressor vs buying because of the price HOWEVER, buying one is built professionally and therefore much better quality etc. If I do build what ATF form do I have to fill out? I know it has to be permanently inscribed/stamped with a serial # and that would have to be included (obviously) on the paperwork--along with Uncle Sugars $$$.

I know the ATF makes things as difficult as possible but I'd appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,

Wes

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I knew one was for a built item (suppressor, sbr etc) and one was for a purchase--just didn't know which one. From the link you provided, Form 1 is the proper one I'd need if I decide to build.

Thanks again.

· Registered
1,945 Posts
Personally I'd go through a dealer for the first one. Electric forms are taking about a year and they're faster (relatively) than paper forms. If you make a mistake the form will be delayed and put back somewhere in the pile. Silencer Shop is just about the easiest way to purchase a silencer and it can be done online and filed through their associated kiosks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.