National Gun Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With 10 dead and 3 wounded. It’s early but it seems that a 18 year old “white” kid with an “assault rifle” drove a few hours to a grocery store in Buffalo, NY and opened fire. The Libs have already reported that the GOP doesn’t want to do anything to stop these things and it’s a racially motivated domestic terror attack. White supremacy is the first reason the libs have been reporting. We don’t know the facts and they don’t ether but it’s always good to get every political label out there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Reported this morning that the shooter has been scoping out locations in Buffalo since March. They also have evidence he was scoping locations in Rochester. Grew up in Rochester and still live in the area with a Tops Market < 2 miles me. Probably not the demographic makeup he'd be looking for but still. Damn that hit's home.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
There are reports that one of the reasons he went there were the gun control laws. He knew there were restrictions on other individuals having guns. Not a gun free zone but the next best thing. Joe is heading up there and he will probably spout off about needing more gun control.

·
Registered
7,688 Posts

·
Registered
16,607 Posts
I read somewhere the shooter had a NY safe act compliant AR-15 yet they keep calling it an "assault rifle". If it's a NY compliant rifle it is not an "assault rifle" because it does not fit the criteria they have laid out on what an "assault rifle" is.

·
Premium Member
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If this guy had a mental health exam as little as 1 year ago, how did her pass a background check and get good references for his purchase? Once again they authorities were “ aware” and “ had knowledge “ of this shooter. He didn’t have an “ assault rifle” because it was NY safe. He modified his rifle by using a 30 round magazine. He should have been forewarned that he was going be breaking the law while try to kill people.
The talk is that he wanted to go to a area where he knew people would be unarmed. I don’t know if that’s trueor just pro gun speculation. I find it a bit puzzling that he’s pleading innocent.

·
Registered
Have had guns since 1950. Own pistols, rifles, and carbines. Shoot regularly as I can weather permit
344 Posts
If this guy had a mental health exam as little as 1 year ago, how did her pass a background check and get good references for his purchase? Once again they authorities were “ aware” and “ had knowledge “ of this shooter.
Having a mental exam or even treatment does not allow Authorities to take away your gun rights. A Judge MUST adjudicate you in court to be too dangerous to own any firearm. Then and only then does he lose his gun rights.
Just the way the laws are.
Has been plenty of discussion of this on various gun boards for years. Most gun owners, it seems, do not want to change the present law.

·
Super Moderator
13,610 Posts
He posted his entire plan on line. He also stated that he's an avowed liberal and asserted which big name liberals have inspired him.

--Wag--

·
Super Moderator
6,022 Posts
Silly person. We are on a gun forum. Some of us on several of them.
We ARE the watch list.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

We are on a gun forum.... We are ON the watch list. 😁

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
The left is rooting for these guys. The more mass shooting there are, the closer they get to confiscation
If that were ever to happen (confiscation efforts begin)… it would mean I’m close to retirement—- likely very “permanent“ retirement. Molon Labe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts