National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, ripping off that movie-'The Bucket List', I say we make a list of all the guns we would like to own before we can die happy. (although many of you are here already, after a lifetime of collecting. Never have enough, eh?)
Sound ok? Any and all weapons accepted, this is a dream team of armaments.

If I may start...
Ruger 10/22
Colt .45 1911 milspec.
Mini-14 in 6.8 rem.
M-14
Benelli M4
BAR
WW2 specs tommy gun
AK-47, original Russian Manufacture, pre-19.
Ruger .204
Barret .416
TDI Kriss .45.
AUG. in .223
PS90
HK MP7A1
Authentic Luger in 9mm
'Broom handle' mauser, Churchill's favorite.
Marlin .444
Then, I will die happy and my heirs auction them all off for charity. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good list addik, always love to see younger guys and their collecting plans. GO FOR IT! :-B-:

My approach has been somewhat different in that I have concentrated on types, ie, I have most of the FN handguns starting with the DMW commercial thrugh the WWII 1941 P-38, all of the small handguns, Browning 1905 FN, 1910FN, Baby Browning, Browning BDA, through the FN Browing Sweet Sixteen; most of the Ruger wheel guns, Most of the Ruger Mk II editions, most of the WWI and WWII military rifles, discontinued items like the Charter Arms Pit Bull in 9mm Federal; a load that is no longer made by anyone. I have the firal 50 cal handgun commercially produced- the AMT AutoMag. I have the one actually in the collection of the inventor Harry Sanford, purchased from his estate. I love one of a kind items and limited editions.
I am 65 now and time, space and finances will no longer allow enlargement of the collection- I have actually begun the "sell down" to supplement my retirement income and allow extras like travel.
Whatever is left will be passed on to my son, a career firearms instructor- gunsmith- Federal LE officer. For a mid thirty guy he already has a very nice collection, when he adds my stuff it will be most impressive. My other son is a shooter- has nice stuff but just enjoys them for the bang effect.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I think when we shop we all get the wants. I always find a few new guns that I would like to have at the gun shows or the local gun shop. I have no need for more guns to add to my collection either at my age. I don't plan to die off for a long time and advanced age runs in my family, but I have seen many friends and family pass on in their late 50's or early 60's. I am currently 66, and in great health.

So to buy more guns, like to but probably doesn't make a lot of sense.

I would like the following added to my collection if I was in the market.

M-14
Marlin 308
Winchester/Marlin 38-55
Savage 30-06
Coach Shotgun 12 gauge
Kimber Grand Raptor Target
SS Sig 232
Sig 220
Kel Tec PF-9 (once the bugs are worked out)
AR-Bushmaster (maybe)
Ruger 101 in 327 (maybe)
A match SS barrel for my Glock 32 in 40 cal. or 357 sig. (still thinking about this one)

Those are the ones that come to mind right at this time. Doubt if I will buy any of them except for the PF-9 in the next year or so unless someone comes out with a better, lightweight 9 mm.

OK Next!!! ;) ;)

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I'm an accumulator and a shooter more than a collector. I only have about two or three that I've bought as "collectors", like my 1890-something S&W Mod 2/2 and my 1935 Remington .41 RF Derringer. Oh, and the 50th Anniversary Ruger MkIIIs with consec serial numbers. And the 50th Anniv Ruger Single Six. ...I think that's it...

Other than that I've concentrated on nice S&W shooters -- all but one are revolvers. I won't say how many I've accumulated, but I don't have to shoot the same one twice in a month of going to the range. Naturally, there are several I still want to acquire.

Aside from that, I would really like to find some Remington 700 BDLs in .243 and .308 and a Sako Vixen in .223 and a Finnbear in .308 or .30-06.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW! awesome stockpiles, guys! i apprecate the support, and all. but I don't think iI could 'collect' rare guns, its like collecting juscy steaks that just stare back at you, ya know? I think I am more of a 'tool shed' collector, useful pieces of hardware, each different, but specific in a task or era. like a rake, a hoe, a shovel. all have handles, but different perpouses and sentiments. nice stuff though! ;)

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I shoot everything I own. Except for my Traditions 50 caliber Hawkin hanging on my wall. Its not really a well made rifle, but it looks cool on the brass hangers, not a shooter. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts