National Gun Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Grand Imperial Poobah
Discussion Starter #1

AZHerper
My wife's brother-in-law who lives in the St. Louis area was bitten by a brown recluse on Friday. After a couple of hours, he was an terrible pain so they took him to the hospital where they diagnosed the bite. After a short period he developed a huge circular inflammation that they say looked like a bullseye or target. He'll be coming home in the next couple of days but recluse bites can be pretty bad.

Registered
As a reader of the story "commented":

"Well, if they make it to this country they are definitely going to go far in the Democrat Party."

Registered
I hate spiders. Only black widow I ever saw was in a toilet in a bathroom in Haiti. I flushed it.
They were very plentiful in northern NV, especially in the darker corners of the garage; one learned to shake out anything left in the garage you might wear like work gloves.....

Registered
My wife's brother-in-law who lives in the St. Louis area was bitten by a brown recluse on Friday. After a couple of hours, he was an terrible pain so they took him to the hospital where they diagnosed the bite. After a short period he developed a huge circular inflammation that they say looked like a bullseye or target. He'll be coming home in the next couple of days but recluse bites can be pretty bad.
A friend I worked with had that same target mark decades ago; he was diagnosed at the time with one of the first cases in the West of Lyme disease

Registered
I have both Black and Brown widows around the farm, probably have killed a dozen Blacks in my garage over the past 20 years.

Grand Imperial Poobah
Discussion Starter #14
Around the farm, I wear all leather gloves for several reasons. Spiders are one of those reasons.

Reactions: Fitasc Shooter

Registered
Years ago my brother was bitten by a brown recluse and then his daughter like a year later. My brother came close to losing his foot.
I have read that a certain amount of people who get bitten by black widows can have years long and sometimes life long affects from it including pain that never goes away. Not something i want to mess with.

Registered
Both of those can give you a nasty bite for sure. Where I live now, copperheads and cottonmouths and Eastern diamondbacks seem to pose a greater threat, but I always watch for those webs created between bushes. Walking into one of those face first has got to be one of the creepiest feelings

Registered
Never got bit by a Black Widow. But 3 times from Brown Recluse. Have the scars from them too. Had a friend 20 years ago that almost lost a leg to one. It got him good before he could get his pants off and kill it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts