National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"At least one person has died and 11 others injured after a mass shooting in Brooklyn, New York City, police said.Six people were taken to hospital following the incident in Brownsville, with some victims in a critical condition according to a fire department spokesperson who described the situation as “fluid”.
At 38-year-old man was killed during the shooting, after being hit by a single bullet in the head, according to the New York City police department.

He was recorded as dead on arrival at a local hospital and his identity has not been confirmed.
A spokesperson said the shooting, which occurred late on Saturday, left “11, possibly 12” people injured."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...k-injuries-deaths-latest-police-a9023881.html

·
Banned
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today I saw this news in the subtitle on the Turkish national channel. Yeah. I'm expecting an apocalypse recently due to climate change. But crazy and complex Turkish arms laws will never be implemented in the United States.....

.....(probably...):lol:

·
Banned
1,453 Posts
The source is from another continent. For matters like this, I go to a local TV station for the most recent updates.
BROWNSVILLE, Brooklyn (WABC) -- Police are searching for at least two shooters after gunfire erupted during an event at a playground in Brooklyn Saturday night, leaving 12 people shot, one fatally.

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
Having been born in Brooklyn, it is amazing that almost 50 years later, certain neighborhoods are still "Hoods"

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
How can this be when in NYC it's nearly impossible to get a pistol permit let alone get a carry permit?

Reactions: friendof2nd

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Mayor Bill de Blasio said,...

"I want to make really clear this tragedy ... does not define what's happening on the ground in a community that has worked so hard and come so far,"

Now lets go to some video from NYC...

·
Aim true !
11,965 Posts
It's sad folks have to act like that.

·
Registered
14,909 Posts

·
Banned
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, the state does not accept the legitimate carry of weapons by civilians. The state can confiscate someone's weapon at any time.

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
"Yes, the state does not accept the legitimate carry of weapons by civilians."

So does that mean no on in Turkey ever carries illegally?

The state can confiscate someone's weapon at any time.

Only if they know about the gun.

·
Banned
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So does that mean no on in Turkey ever carries illegally?.
No. But it minimizes the number of people carrying weapons. Because if someone takes an illegal weapon and a person complains about it, the police will immediately confiscate the weapon. If the judge detects the person receiving the illegal weapon, he may impose a fine or imprisonment. And this is a deterrent for someone who wants to buy illegal weapons. And many more procedures...
Yeap. It makes sense to me...

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
SMH.....We have all those laws too in the city this story is based on, see how good it works. If someone is going to carry an illegal handgun around if won't be in their hands waving it around for everyone to see. How are people going to complain? We have many of the same rules,laws and punishments regarding illegal possession and carrying of illegal weapons, see how well they work? FYI Turkey has twice the murder rate of the U.S. but maybe its because of all the honor killings?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts