National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody
new to the forum. I know a basics about some guns but not very technical. I was looking at a new BRNO Arms bolt-action 30-06. I have never heard of the manufacturer. I know it is Czech made and the company used to be CZ?? The guy at the sporting goods told me it was a CZ action on a Mauser frame. Can I get some feedback about the manufacturer and the gun itself? I plan to use it deer hunting. the guy said he would sell it for $250.00. I appreciate any input.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
BRNO and the company we now know as CZ were two different Czech arms manufacturers. Kinda like Winchester and Remington, here. Two seperate companies.

The "guy at the sporting goods" is full of feces. There aint no such thing as a "CZ action on a Mauser frame". BRNO manufactured fine quality Mauser style rifles. If the rifle is BRNO made it is a Mauser.

BRNO is no longer with us. Its management could not compete in a free market system. They were indoctrinated in the communist system. They could not adapt to the new reality.

If, in fact, this is a new rifle $250.00 is more than a fair price.

It should accept standard 98 Mauser scope bases.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info. Is it normal for the bolt to have some wiggle to it when its pulled back?

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Yup. Its normal for an opened Mauser bolt to move around quite a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts