National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Super Moderator
16,600 Posts
I guess the lesson here is, "Don't spray Antifa with mace". If they are threatening you, stop the threat.

Alan

· Registered
18,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
8,664 Posts
The incident occurred after a man participating in what was billed a “Patriot Rally” sprayed mace at another man.
That man then shot the other individual with a handgun near the courtyard outside the Denver Art Museum, according to a Denver Post journalist who witnessed the incident.

9News reported that one of their employees and a contractor for the television station have been taken into custody, and that the station has “not been in contact with either and does not know where either currently is.”

division Chief Joe Montoya, said police could not confirm the shooter’s or the victim’s affiliations, but said the incident started as a verbal altercation. Two guns were found at the scene, he said, as well as a mace can.

We’re hopeful that as soon as possible we can get the factual information out as to what led to this — who the individuals involved were,” Montoya said. “We’re hopeful that that information will help kind of calm the waters a little bit.”

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,013 Posts
Maybe all should wait until all the facts are out before we say what happened and not what some would like to have happened.

The question is will we ever know what the facts are, or simply given a story that fits the narrative?

Reactions: Stamps6

· Ancient Gaseous Emanation
57,891 Posts
The OP link now reasd in part: "The up to date report is that the shooter was a ‘bodyguard’ for local 9NEWS in Denver. The bodyguard hired by 9News who came to the “Patriot Rally” in Denver shot and killed the attendee of the ‘Patriot Rally’ who sprayed him with bear mace."

· Registered
885 Posts
Here is a pic from the NY Times, attributed to a photographer from the Denver Post, taken just before shots fired. FWIW, the security guard was from Pinkerton and was working for the Denver NBC affiliate, Channel 9.

I did a detailed blow up of the gun. It appears to be Glock, with a red dot sight, a threaded barrel, suppressor height sights, a weapon mounted light and one of those slide rack assists.

· Registered
17,521 Posts
In that pic the guy already has the gun out. So did he pull the gun when being sprayed or did the guy spray because he pulled a gun out?

· Registered
6,726 Posts
I did a detailed blow up of the gun. It appears to be Glock, with a red dot sight, a threaded barrel, suppressor height sights, a weapon mounted light and one of those slide rack assists.
mercy.......what is pinkerton up to nowadays.......any more accessories added to that would require wheels and a trailer hitch.

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,013 Posts
According to what has been reported, the "bodyguard" should be charged with second or third degree murder. There is no self-defense angle here. Mace/bear spray is not a reason to fear for one's life.

Reactions: Square target

· Registered
17,521 Posts
Listen to that audio. You can hear the guy spray the bear spray and almost instantaneously hear a gun shot. There is no way the guy drew and fired that fast, he already had to have his gun out. Turn up the volume and listen.

· Registered
17,521 Posts
After listening some more and reading some comments you can hear the guy chamber a round. around the .43 second mark. The guy in the video hits something one the ground, then you hear a round being chambered, the hiss from the spray and then a shot. it's all within 2-3 seconds so listen closely.

· Registered
18,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm just really confused. The guy with the "Black guns matter" shirt is the "Patriot", right? These old guys, they are counter protesters? They look like they'd be on the patriots side. I'm confused.

· Registered
3,160 Posts
I’m confused also. The guy with the watch and face mask is the shooter but where did he come from? The guy with the spray and the wide brimmed hat and tattoos must be the dead guy. What happened to the mouthy one with the black guns matter shirt?

· Ancient Gaseous Emanation
57,891 Posts
I believe mostly factual but extraneous information is being broadcast as means to confuse and cloud exactly what happened and when, why, it occured..

Reactions: Ziggidy

· Registered
18,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

DENVER, COLORADO - OCTOBER 10: A man punches another man after a rall in Denver, Colorado, on October 10, 2020. The man on the left side of the photo was supporting the "Patriot Rally". He engaged with the man on the right, hit him in the face and sprayed him with mace. The man at right, then shot and killed the protester. (Photo by Helen H. Richardson/MediaNews Group/The Denver Post via Getty Images) (Getty)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.