National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
US Revolver was a brand of Iver Johnson (the old company). There should be a letter prefix under the left grip panel which would indicate which year it was made. Somewhere between 1911 and 1935. I believe yours is 1913 but I could be wrong, wife says that a lot ;) BTW it's in really nice shape! But it's value will be what someone is willing to pay for it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
US Revolver was a brand of Iver Johnson (the old company). There should be a letter prefix under the left grip panel which would indicate which year it was made. Somewhere between 1911 and 1935. I believe yours is 1913 but I could be wrong, wife says that a lot ;) BTW it's in really nice shape! But it's value will be what someone is willing to pay for it.
Thank you for the info. I checked under the left grip just five digit serial number. On the heel of the right grip is stamped what looks like the number 2. It’s been in the family a long time….guess it found a home. Thanks again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just an update on the Iver Johnson 5 shot 32. U. S. Revolver Co. stamped on my gun was made by Iver Johnson. Of the three series that were made the last series was smokeless gunpowder. The first two series the cylinder can spin freely while at rest. A fast way of telling what series. All this I’ve gotten from a Iver Johnson book.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Made me go look.
The SN is usually located at the bottom of the barrel rib or the bottom of the trigger guard.
The gun has a serial number with no letter prefix; it was made between 1909 and 1919.
If the gun has a single-letter prefix, it was made between 1920 and 1929.

Third Model (1909–1941) featured a double post latch system adapted for smokeless powder.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Made me go look.
The SN is usually located at the bottom of the barrel rib or the bottom of the trigger guard.
The gun has a serial number with no letter prefix; it was made between 1909 and 1919.
If the gun has a single-letter prefix, it was made between 1920 and 1929.

Third Model (1909–1941) featured a double post latch system adapted for smokeless powder.
That would put mine in 1909-1919.
Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts