National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Bushmaster lower and upper, DPMS heavy barrel. Just ordered a free float tube for it.

Double Star lower and Del-Ton upper/barrel. For those of you afraid to build one, I put this one together in about 30 minutes, with the help of a DVD, and it has been 100% reliable, and more accurate than any of the 4 Mini 14s I have owned in the past.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Oh! Yea! Nice setup! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
eXXit said:
How would I go about it?
Go to http://www.delton.com and check out the rifle kits. They come with everything you need besides the lower receiver. They also have lower receivers too, but it would be easier to buy a lower from your dealer. All you have to do is put the parts to the lower together, the upper is done. Buy a DVD that shows you how to do it. I bought the Bushmaster Armorers DVD, but there are several on the market. It is really easy, honestly. It took me about 30 minutes to put mine together. You will need some roll pin punches and a non-marring hammer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have decent prices on AR15 parts too. I mainly carry Stag and Rock River Arms. Basically you need to get the lower from a dealer, but once you have that, you can mail order all the rest. For those of you who don't know how, here are the directions I learned to build them on.

http://www.ar15.com/content/guides/assembly/lower/

If you just buy a complete upper assembly, the rest is pretty easy. Don't feel like you have to get a "kit" to start out. I think the kits are over rated when basically they are only comprised of three sections.

1. Upper Assembly
2. Lower Parts Kit
3. Buttstock

That is all there is in a kit. If you have any general questions, let us know or send me an e-mail. [email protected]

Yes, I live in California, but I have probably built 100 AR15s in the last 2 years. California has BRD like you wouldn't believe ever since we figured out they weren't completly illegal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tenpercentfirearms said:
I have decent prices on AR15 parts too. I mainly carry Stag and Rock River Arms. Basically you need to get the lower from a dealer, but once you have that, you can mail order all the rest. For those of you who don't know how, here are the directions I learned to build them on.

http://www.ar15.com/content/guides/assembly/lower/

If you just buy a complete upper assembly, the rest is pretty easy. Don't feel like you have to get a "kit" to start out. I think the kits are over rated when basically they are only comprised of three sections.

1. Upper Assembly
2. Lower Parts Kit
3. Buttstock

That is all there is in a kit. If you have any general questions, let us know or send me an e-mail. [email protected]

Yes, I live in California, but I have probably built 100 AR15s in the last 2 years. California has BRD like you wouldn't believe ever since we figured out they weren't completly illegal.
I just checkd thanks Tenpercent! Ill have some Qs for U l8r!

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
If you build your own will you have a product as good as the bushmaster completely assembled?

What is the total approximate cost savings?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts