National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For working on areas that you really don’t want to scratch, there is a brass screwdriver set I’ve discovered:

“Maxam 13pc Screwdriver/Wrench Kit with Brass Bits”

Amazon, EBay, Wal-Mart (online), Sears and Newegg... (etc.) have them.

·
Registered
16,591 Posts
They make screwdrivers for guns that wont scratch anything if you choose the right size and of course don't slip. Brass is really soft so i hope all your screws are really loose.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For $10 to $15, I’m tossing a few in my tool kit and stockpiling a few more for very unique, very inexpensive Christmas / Hanukkah presents (can I say that?) to fellow firearms enthusiasts and computer / electronics geeks. Might even keep a set in my “classic weird stuff” cabinet, to pull out 20 years from now and win a few bets?
Product Cosmetics Eyelash Machine
Tool accessory Cosmetics

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agreed on brass screwdriver bits making good scrapers...

Any recommendations for a few good handgun specific vises? Or should I just go ahead and get a full rifle + handgun vise? If possible, I would like to find a really nice handgun only vise.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
No thanks, I'll stick with quality hollow ground screw drivers. Your are a lot better off with the proper screwdriver that actually fits the screw than using one of the very small selection in these kits no matter what they are made of.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
Agreed on brass screwdriver bits making good scrapers...

Any recommendations for a few good handgun specific vises? Or should I just go ahead and get a full rifle + handgun vise? If possible, I would like to find a really nice handgun only vise.
Best gun vise from Tipton is a handgun vise, they even sell the mag insert for it but yeah it's a rifle vise
Machine Tool Machine tool
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

Or one of these but for about the same price if space is your enemy
http://www.bullshootersightingin.com/pistol.htm

Reactions: Popeye
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.