National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
Matthews Solo cam, tru glo sights, whisker biscuit rest, tru fire release, inline peep sight. Here's my last 30 yd group.... (I also have a Horton crossbow for still hunting on occasion.)

G

·
The silent stalkers!I know in the States its strong Austrailia as well,dont Know much bout it but my Brother is keen 4 a compound.I think its for the Challenge more than anything else isnt it?

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
It's extremely challenging, you have to be within 30 yds to make a sensible shot on a deer. In Ohio, we have 4 months of bow season and only one week of gun season (shotgun or muzzle loader).

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mr. Gunzzi is right about distance. You really have to hunt the animal. It still makes me ill that I got rid of my Brown Bear bow. I had it all setup the way I wanted it and about a dozen good hunting arrows. I was at the point where I was shooting good groups and I had my practice arrows weighted to the same weight as my hunting arrows. I went out about 6 times but I couldn't get the shot I wanted :) . Lots of them guys up there hunt out of tree stands but that wasn't for me. ;)
Shooting some real good groups there Mr. Gunzzi. Hope you get that deer. :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
I should do alright this year, all I have to do is walk about 100 yds from my front door and get in a tree house in my neighbor's back yard. The deer cross there several times a day and I already have one kill back there. I have several shooting lanes within 25 yds and they have that trail beat down pretty heavily.

G

·
U got a tree house 100 mtrs from ur front door! at that rate id take it up too :cool: ...so basically its about the same range as waterfowl with 2-3/4" Lo0ads(just looking to draw comparisons with range)

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
Hmmm, Don't know as I do not hunt waterfowl. That 5 shot target group was from 30 yards which is (27.432) meters.... I don't usually shoot farther than that at game. (with my bow that is...)

G

·
Gunzzi said:
Hmmm, Don't know as I do not hunt waterfowl. That 5 shot target group was from 30 yards which is (27.432) meters....
Thats pretty good with string??,I know nothing bout them...as I said my brother likes the idea,just here to find hints and tips from the Wise Men(&women gota b P.C bout it :!: :!: )

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
eXXit said:
just here to find hints and tips from the Wise Men(&women gota b P.C bout it :!: :!: )
My good friend Maureen Bechtold wound up winning a gold medal in the Olympics in archery. Now she travels around the country putting on exhibitions with her bow. Get this, someone throws a ring (like on your finger) in the air and she shoots through it and it would come down around the feathers. :shock:

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
Totally the truth, as afar as I know she still travels and puts on exhibitions around the country. I can't do a search because she is now married and her name has changed. She grew up in our neighborhood and joined the olympic team after high school. (early 70's)

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
Actually, our bow season doesn't start until October (for deer that is...). I can bow hunt groundhogs or coyotes, but it makes no sense since I can use any rifle on those critters who's season never ends.

I'll keep everyone abreast of any developements once the season starts.

G

·
I'll keep everyone abreast of any developements once the season starts.[/quote]

Thanx Gunz!! N.E one else got info on this sport :?:

·
Me? I Don't Own Any Guns.
29 Posts
I just started bowhunting. I bought the Bear bow that WallyWorld sells. I put a Tru-Glo sight on it, a Whisker biscuit rest, cat whiskers on the string and Sims stabilizer and vibration dampeners on it. I use Carbon Express arrows and Thunderhead broadheads. It's a lot of fun, and I get a longer hunting season.

G

·
unfortunatlly untill I get my back problems resolved I can't do alot of archery hunting. I have all the gear and I used to go quite often, but like I said i've caused some pretty serious problems to my back. Anymore archery and big caliber rifles just litterally kill me. Here is a pic of my setup. I have a mathews DXT with spot-hogg sights, and quick drop release.

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
That thing is SWEET! I'll bet it's dead nutz too.

Here is a pic of my doe I shot at first light opening day. The buck gets hunted this week on my vacation.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lookin good there Gunzzi. Nothing better than a doe roast. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Don't for get the pictures of the Buck this weekend.:thumbsup:

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
I'll have a couple of days this week to get out to my friend's place (78 acres of big buck country) and try my luck there. T'would be rare for me to have 2 tags filled before gun season.

I don't do many roasts myself, this girl is already ground up for chili and jerky meat. We grilled the tenderloins that evening and everyone at camp got a taste. I saved a little backstrap to make some steaks for a friend. Still ended up with over 30 pounds of meat.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts