National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Genius in Training
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my girlfriend's family is also very into guns, meaning they have many and are always buying or selling something. Her mom had talked about selling her 223 savage bolt action (can't remember the model #) that she had used for deer. I told her that if she decided to get rid of it to let me know as it would be a fun range toy/prairie dog gun and I knew I could get it cheap. Its pink camo which I haven't decided if I want to try some special gun spray paint and try some techniques for natural camo patterns or if I should leave it pink as a joke (6'3" 260lb strongman competitor unironically shooting a fairly small pink rifle, might get a few good laughs).

He brother was also selling his SCCY CPX-1 to get money for a Barretta M9. I don't like the gun much but I got it cheap as well so I figured I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to get a cheap gun. Not a smooth action, long heavy trigger, but I think I might give some gun smithing a try since I'm not too worried about screwing it up.

Have yet to shoot either of them but I am in the process of picking up some more ammo so I hope to give them both a try here soon.

·
Aim true !
11,332 Posts
The pink muddy girl cammo? To be honest i kinda like it. Congrats on the 2 new guns. (y)

Reactions: Jordan9MM

·
Registered
155 Posts
My first handgun purchase was a Beretta commercial M9 with the military roll marks. It was my EDC until the P320 came out. The M9 is a nice range gun but has significant drawbacks for EDC in the basic military form. The biggest drawbacks in my perspective are the fixed front sight and the roll pins. The front sight is part of the slide and cannot be replaced without serious machining work. You can add a laser grip, which is better than nothing but still far from ideal when compared to real low visibility/night sights.

My current EDC is a Sig Sauer P320. I got it about the same time that it was selected as the winner of the MHS contract and have since gotten a M17 and M18. Your buddy seems to have good taste in handguns-despite any perceived drawbacks, the M9 is a finely made piece. At least he’s not getting a Glock.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think that buying more and more guns is typical of a gun enthusiast. My first gun was a Beretta 96 Brigadier Border Marshall, .40 caliber semiautomatic.(I think it's now called a 96 A1). Years later I decided to get a smaller handgun as a conceal carry weapon, so I bought a Beretta Nano. I don't like the Nano, so I went out and got a Sig P938, which I really like, but trying to conceal carry it hurts my side, so I decided to get a pocket pistol...a Sig P238, and it's much better for me as I can keep it in my pocket, so it doesn't hurt my side. I also decided to get a Springfield Armory M1A in their Loaded version. I figured that I had enough weapons...until I saw the Henry Rifles in their Golden Boy series, so I got their replica of their original long rifle, as well as their Carbine. I hope to stay away from buying more guns, but that's what I said before, and I ended up with 2 more. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts