National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I have a Texan. Not impressed with the trigger but I will fix that this summer. I use it as a snake gun and run low brass 7.5 shot. I did shoot some pigs using home defense rounds and you will feel high brass. Haven’t shot any .45 colt yet but will once I can find some.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
View attachment 136512 so far since picture. I CHANGED TO full wood grips the gentleman from ebay,and added the 4.25" 410/45 colt.and a3" 45 apc,and 3" 357/38 barrelsbarrels.I purchased the first one because I bought 43 boxes of winchester odd 45 colt from walmart at 7 dollars a box , and only had a ruger blackhawk 45 colt 5.5" bicentenial to shoot them from.So I added an insert to my 20 gauge h&r single shot to be able to shoot 410/ 45 colt....I use mostly the 3" pdx 410 in the 4.25" and 2.5 pdx 410 in the 3" barrel as a backup.to the 45 colt blackhawk.with couple strips filled with winchester pdx45 colt .

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Writing implement Office supplies Font Wind instrument Musical instrument

Household hardware Gun accessory Font Gas Bullet

I bought the Century 2000 model and have shot factory 45 Colt/.410 and my own reloads of both calibers. The trigger needs a little getting used to, the best way to explain it is to pull down and back to get the best results. If you pull straight back it will feel like you have a 15lb trigger! I use just the tip of my finger on this little hand cannon and the picture above is the trigger pull of my Bond arms.
Font Wood Eyewear Wallet Everyday carry

Air gun Revolver Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

I switched my grips out for the extended G10 type and it really helps with doing a one handed cock of the hammer. If you look close on the side of the hammer you will see a small hump of metal. If the hump is up the top barrel will fire first, if it’s down the bottom will fire first. To my knowledge there is no way to make them both fire at the same time.
If my memory serves me right (and that is questionable at this stage of my life) the sights are sighted in for the bottom barrel.

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,261 Posts
View attachment 136515
View attachment 136514
I bought the Century 2000 model and have shot factory 45 Colt/.410 and my own reloads of both calibers. The trigger needs a little getting used to, the best way to explain it is to pull down and back to get the best results. If you pull straight back it will feel like you have a 15lb trigger! I use just the tip of my finger on this little hand cannon and the picture above is the trigger pull of my Bond arms. View attachment 136517
View attachment 136516
I switched my grips out for the extended G10 type and it really helps with doing a one handed cock of the hammer. If you look close on the side of the hammer you will see a small hump of metal. If the hump is up the top barrel will fire first, if it’s down the bottom will fire first. To my knowledge there is no way to make them both fire at the same time.
If my memory serves me right (and that is questionable at this stage of my life) the sights are sighted in for the bottom barrel.
Those G10s look pretty sweet too. If you plan on shooting 3” buckshot from that 4.25”, strap in, it’s going to kick like a mule.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Those G10s look pretty sweet too. If you plan on shooting 3” buckshot from that 4.25”, strap in, it’s going to kick like a mule.
I haven’t shot any 3” factory buckshot loads out of it yet but I have shot my own buckshot reloads from 3” birdshot hulls. I can only imagine what the recoil would be like as the 3” birdshot was stout.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
3”, Winchester Super X, 5 pellet 000 buck is what I use I believe. It ain’t near as powerful as the 500, but the gun is like 1/3 the weight. It kicks hard.
I will reload my own with #4 buck and work my way up to full power. I’ll use a buffer from Ballistics Products for fill.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts