National Gun Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,369 Posts
Those of us that follow the rules will always be punished for the stupidity of others.

Totally agree
:thumbsup:

And the agenda of some will always take advantage of that stupidity

·
Registered
696 Posts
You can pass all the freaking gun legislation you want to but the root of the problem lies within the nuclear family. Until self serving, instant gratification takes a back seat to to family values, discipline and responsibility, the problem will continue to grow. Laws like this are made out of ignorance and are nothing more than grandstanding in an attempt at collecting votes. No amount of legislation is going to fix what is broken. Those of us that follow the rules will always be punished for the stupidity of others.

Parents can no longer discipline their children and this is what you get

. Screenshot-2018-9-22 Screenshot.png

·
Super Moderator
11,175 Posts
You can pass all the freaking gun legislation you want to but the root of the problem lies within the nuclear family. Until self serving, instant gratification takes a back seat to to family values, discipline and responsibility, the problem will continue to grow.
I'm not religious by any means but I agree with you 100%.

--Wag--

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Patiently waiting for State of Illinois vs. Vivian Brown to strike down the FOID Act in Illinois. Currently in the Illinois Supreme Court on it’s second hearing extension. If the IL Supreme Court upholds that FOID is unconstitutional to possess a firearm in your own home, they may strike the whole thing down. If they do, I’m expecting another US Supreme Court 2A case involving Illinois to change the way 2A rights are governed. There are already 2 of the 5 cases that govern the way 2A laws can be enforced that involve IL. This will make 3. I really hope it does make it to the US Supreme Court. With the conservative majority, we may have a fighting chance.

The big IFs... the Illinois Circuit and Appellate Courts have ruled it unconstitutional to force a person to fill out a form, pay a fee and wait for approval before they can exercise their right to possess a gun in their home for the purpose of self defense. Currently only applied to this one case.

IF the IL Supreme Court upholds this decision, its reasonable to expect the Foid Act to be struck down in entirety. If it’s unconstitutional to impose those restrictions on exercise of your 2A rights at home, then I would expect it would have to apply everywhere. It’s either unconstitutional or not to impose those restrictions on a constitutional right.

IF the IL Supreme Court upholds the decision, I fully expect the State to appeal the the US Supreme Court. I expect this because IL Democrats aren’t too bright. They will lose the war in attempt to win the argument. It’s happened twice already.

If the State doesn’t appeal, I bet the defendant will appeal. It would be foolish not to.

IF US Supreme Court upholds that decision, restrictive gun laws will change everywhere with respect to restrictions on exercise of 2 A rights. I know we have all had our hopes up that some case somewhere will win us our freedoms back but I think this case has a lot of potential to finally make it happen. I could be wrong but I’ve got popcorn and I’m watching.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ok, first half of the “First Shots” video is posted. I really like this little guy. 3” 410 000 buck was just enough to push me off balance. This video is mostly for recoil view and basic information. The second half, I shoot those same rounds into a the trunk of a tree that snapped off and measure the depth of penetration... and I get hit with a 410 000 buck pellet. Apparently that old tree didn’t like it and sent one back my way.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Part 2. I plan on getting some ballistic blocks later on and doing some videos on a lot of guns. This one is just a very crude test to set expectations.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,369 Posts
nice gun, you need a leatherman's multi tool :lol:

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Problem is is can’t yet do this at my house so if I don’t plan for it I’m just sol. It’s always last min that I decide to do a video and I’m usually already out there when I do. These videos would be a lot better if my boys hadn’t destroyed my tripods. It’s been like 9 months and I can’t seem to remember to pick a couple up when I’m out. Just hasn’t been that high on the priority list. I think between my brother and I, we have enough guns to do a real review or some cool shooting vids at least once a week for at least a year or more and not run out of guns to test. Maybe next time I’ll take the time and make preparations. Right now I’m just propping my phone against whatever is around and if I think of something to say, I say it. Doesn’t really get more honest than that.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
BTW, I cut a lot of dead silence out of the video. I don’t get spooked easy by I’m telling you, there was something out there with me just out of sight. The dog only came into the woods about 50 ft or so, started barking and went out to the tree line and barked into the woods for a while before I went back up to the house. I figured she was onto a rabbit. When I returned, she wouldn’t come into the woods. Whatever it was was big by the sound of the cracking branches just behind me. The growth was so thick I couldn’t see more than 10 ft behind me. There is a barbwire fence that runs the length of the property about 50-75 ft behind me. I had a feeling, whatever it was, I was between it and it’s only way out. That’s the main reason I moved. When I got to the second site, I kept the pistol loaded just in case. We’ve had some big cats out here in the last year or two and I wasn’t taking the chance of being dinner.

there is at least one scene in the video where you see me looking around, I wasn’t looking for a target.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,369 Posts
It's always nice to bring someone along for security reasons, nature accidents etc.

Nice video btw :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
Doubtful it was a cat if you heard a bunch of crashing, they are pretty stealthy. Bears however aren't as graceful and probably just don't give a damn.....then there is big foot..:yikes1::yikes1:

Reactions: Philmo11

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,369 Posts
With all the gun fire (what ever it was) it was trying to get the hell away

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Doubtful it was a cat if you heard a bunch of crashing, they are pretty stealthy. Bears however aren't as graceful and probably just don't give a damn.....then there is big foot..:yikes1::yikes1:
Good lord, I won’t mention Bigfoot around my brother, he’ll be camped out there... on the other hand.. hmmm... haha. As for the cat, I saw one about 1/2 mile from there last year crossing the road into a corn field. It’s really thick back there, never been cleaned up any, hard not to step on something. Wasn’t like something stomping around, more like a hard snap every couple of min and faint, brief rustling. You can tell the difference between a small and a large twig breaking. That’s why I said something large. If it were a deer, it would have made all kinds of racket when that gun went off. As for bear, never heard of one this far north, but anything is possible. Might have been a trespasser too. Trying not to get shot.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Local news station just published security cam photos of some pretty large bobcats in our county. My intuition may not have been too far off after all.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
My 3” 9mm barrel came in the other day while we were moving. Also ordered a holster for a 9mm Shield which fit but the strap needed to be a little bit thinner. It snaps closed but is a tad twisted. It was $20 vs the $90 of the one made for this gun. I’ll get one eventually but money is a bit tight at the moment. For now I’m just leaving it in the holster letting it conform to the gun.

50169570-0118-4587-976B-3DAB6757BC4D.jpeg

E521D65C-13C9-4F86-989D-282ECA7B3FEF.jpeg

21 - 38 of 38 Posts