National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a bolt carrier that made a big splash when it was doing the rounds being reviewed, it's ability to keep cool to the touch after having shifted several rounds was more than impressive.

Anybody know what I am talking about ?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It turned out to be the barrel, not the bolt carrier group.

The Dracos "StraightJacket"composite barrel from Falkor Defence keeps the inner barrel cool by rapidly dispersing the heat to the exterior, preventing the barrel from flexing to keep shots on target in rapid succession. Not only this, but the adjustable gas block adheres to the true Dwell Time of a barrel's length at the point of which the bullet actually leaves the barrel, be that extended with a suppressor or not, to keep shot groups tight by extending the length of the gas system virtually.

This was around eight years ago, but just as recent as last year there was a different system from TacomHQ with their "Structured Barrel" design, which relies on the Axial Compressor principle with eight hole I-beam structure to reinforce the main chamber, thus allowing for 300% more surface area for heat dissipation, along with external detailing which behaves as a heatsink as heat travels to the tip of a material.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.