National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want one for hunting, and I've heard pros and cons for both. I'm debating between a Savage ba 10 stealth or a Diamondback DB-10. Both are around the same price ($950ish).
The semi-auto would allow me to follow up with a second shot faster, but I've heard bolt actions are more accurate over long distances. Both guns have gotten good reviews. And I know Diamondbacks have really stepped up their game in recent years. Really on the fence so I want to gather more info.

·
Registered
66 Posts
In a bolt I am a few seconds slower on the follow up, but I am usually trying to make sure 1 is all I need. Now, if the 1 to 2 seconds to run the bolt matters.....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Live Free
3,354 Posts
Bolt. For the same reasons Popeye already expressed. However, you might take note of the weight of the 10 BA Stealth, going to be at least 10 pounds with an optic alone. The DB P10 is a couple ounces heavier. A lighter rifle might be more enjoyable on the hunt. Savage makes several good rifles in 6.5 Creedmore if you are really wanting Savage. Personally I would consider a CZ 557 in 6.5 Creedmore for a hunting rifle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts