National Gun Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so im having some difficulty figuring out an affordable way to put a picatinny rail and red dot on my gun. Its a western auto bolt action. 410, and I use it mostly for firing slugs. The bead sight just isn't doing it for me. I want to put a small single rail right on top of the action, but in front of the bolt so it doesn't interfere. I can get the rails easily, I just need some advice on what other materials I will need to mount it because its not tapped for a mount and there aren't even any grooves for a scope.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
i have heard of people soldering mounts on before if this it to be a home-made job. I do see problems with the picatiny mount as most likely the curvature of the receiver/barrel will not mate up with the mount.

there are many, many, many Weaver scope bases available in one and two piece configurations that offer different curvatures. Visiting a gun shop, taking the gun in, and trying a few out will help decide.

i envision Burris Signature Zee Pos-Align rings and inserts to possibly be required.

Drill and tapp would most likely be the route i would go however for the long haul. Hard to say without seeing the gun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts