National Gun Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just aquired a blowgun, any good resource?

·
Premium Member
5,424 Posts
Did you say resource or reason?
The president of my hunting club had a blowgun and he got a checker partridge with it. On the ground of course.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
By some poison dart frogs! I had one many years ago, they can be very accurate. I used wire darts that had a cone base.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I have one also. When the two pieces are connected, it is 55" long and has a 1/2" barrel. I have both the cone darts and the ball darts. I put a piece of 2"x12" Dougfir 75' away, strapped it down to a concrete block after bore sighting it and blasted 120# of air from my air compressor. It buried the four inch dart so the tip just protruded the back side. I could not remove the dart with a pair of channel locks. I was amazed!
z14.jpg

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I used to see them at gun shows but things change.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you say resource or reason?
The president of my hunting club had a blowgun and he got a checker partridge with it. On the ground of course.
I kind of meant how they are used and targets etc, I think I might get some of those poison dart frogs Hahahahahahahahahaha, needed during the riots

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
messed with one for a short while.....a cheap thing that i really don't not recall that much. grew tired of it quickly enough as lacked precision, not near enough on the lethal side, and difficult to use with a dip of snuff......which was strike three... :LOL:

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
messed with one for a short while.....a cheap thing that i really don't not recall that much. grew tired of it quickly enough as lacked precision, not near enough on the lethal side, and difficult to use with a dip of snuff......which was strike three... :LOL:
Hahahahahahahahahaha I just thought it might work for the looters, they could just hit them as they came out

·
Super Moderator
11,096 Posts
Please do not promote shooting people, even by implication.

Thank you.

--Wag--

·
Registered
2,960 Posts

·
Jesus Saves
7,735 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was riding my motorcycle one Saturday and saw a sign that a gun show was being held. I stopped in and ended up buying about a five-foot blow gun that had a sling and had darts encircling the length of the blowgun. I had it slung across my back while riding my motorcycle home. I got lots of strange looks.

If you use poison darts, inhale before bringing the blowgun up to your lips.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts