National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to vent. I don't think there is anything that makes my blood boil anymore than when I start hearing shooters and gun owners badmouth the NRA. Especially now with so much riding on the balance. A Supreme Court, Second Amendment decision coming up. One of the most anti gun politicans in history steamrolling toward the White House, (Hillary Clinton). And about a thousand other reasons. I just have to put a couple of things to rest. This can be summed up quite easily. Is the NRA perfect? No. Could the NRA be doing a better job than they are? Yes, and so could anyone of us at our jobs. Have they been successful at stopping anti gun legislation? Yes, by the ton. Would we be better off without them? Only if you want to take up Golf. When I start hearing crap like, "How come the NRA hasn't gone on the offensive at getting all of these gun laws repealed?" I simply say, the same reason your not earning 1.5 million dollars a year at your job. You're simply asking too much, and are not being reasonable, and or, realistic. "I can't stand the junk mail they send, and they're always asking for money!" So do your kids and wife, do you disassociate yourself from them because of it? This is all very simple. Without the NRA we would have lost the bulk of our gun rights by now because there isn't another organization out there with the political clout and muscle the NRA has. Never has been, isn't now, and never will be. There are a lot of things in life I hate doing, but do because the end result is better. Getting my blood checked. Getting a colonoscopy. Having cavities filled. Getting vaccinated. On and on I could go. The NRA is, much like preventive medicine and lawyers, a necessary evil in today's world that helps you keep whats important. Regardless if it's your health, your money, or YOUR GUNS! Just think about it and apply common sense. There are far too many who don't. Bill T.

·
Dr. of Loadology
15,424 Posts
True, true!

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I sure agree 100%!

But if you go over to the auction site and put up that thread you will get attacked by a herd of vultures! Several of them are mods! Quite a surprise! Plus few of the NRA supporter will enter into the discussion to support you.

I have been personally attacked many times when venturing forth to support the NRA and suspect that the Brady bunch is putting in shrills to split the herd!

W

·
0 Posts
I'm a long time NRA supporter and will become a life member next may when I turn 65.
There are a lot of supporters about. I'm also a member of 5 other pro gun groups, including the Oregon folks.

(my President is Charlton Heston) :---

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,782 Posts
Brady plants.

One was just banned from another "gun board" where I spend some time. He had been a member since 2002!

Any board can only be as good as its administrators and moderators.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts