National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the new law in CA that they are bragging about. Makes no sense to me since criminals use stolen guns and all shell casings are unique to one gun now! Another CA stupid move by uneducated liberals in charge.

VICTORY! Landmark Gun Legislation Signed Into Law!
Gov. Schwarzenegger Signs Innovative Bill to Reduce Gun Violence

Dear Lee,

We've had a major victory in California! Your Brady Campaign, its California Chapters, and many allies — including law enforcement — worked hard to pass the Crime Gun Identification Act of 2007. And your support helped make it happen.

This ground-breaking law will allow police to match bullet shells found at a crime scene to the handgun that fired the bullets. Law enforcement will now have new crime-solving tools to more quickly apprehend armed criminals and gang members.

Click here to read more about this innovative microstamping legislation.
Click here to read the New York Times editorial on the issue.
This tremendous victory in California comes on the heels of passing other life-saving legislation this year in Maine, Illinois, Virginia, and Connecticut that will prevent gun violence. Thank you for your continued support and activism to help us pass sensible gun laws.

We need your continued support to pass similar legislation in other states. Please click here to give a gift of $35 to support our efforts to pass strong state guns laws across the country.

And help us spread the word: click here to forward this email to friends, family, and colleagues.

Thank you for helping to reduce gun violence in America!

Sincerely,

Sarah Brady, Chair

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The CA governator who made is living off of violent gun movies just screwed all gun owners! Now you will have to hire a midget to write a micro-stamp of your name address and drivers license number on every shell that you shoot through your gun!

If I was a gun mfg I would pull every gun I made out of the state and refuse to do business with the state of California. No more sales to military or police! Screw them all! :)

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
"This ground-breaking law will allow police to match bullet shells found at a crime scene to the handgun that fired the bullets."

If I'm not mistaken this is another attempt at "ballistic fingerprinting". Maryland wasted millions of dollars on this stupid system, and then mothballed it after not solving a single crime with it. California never was much good at learning from other peoples mistakes. Bill T.

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
sig232 said:
If I was a gun mfg I would pull every gun I made out of the state and refuse to do business with the state of California. No more sales to military or police! Screw them all! :)
That is exactly what Randy Barrett, of Barrett Firearms did after California passed the .50 caliber rifle ban. He won't sell to any California government agencies. He even refused to ship back rifles the state of California had sent in for repairs, modifications, etc. He said, "If they want them, they can come and get them!" Now if every single firearms manufacturer would do the same! Bill T.

G

·
billt said:
sig232 said:
That is exactly what Randy Barrett, of Barrett Firearms did after California passed the .50 caliber rifle ban. He won't sell to any California government agencies. He even refused to ship back rifles the state of California had sent in for repairs, modifications, etc. He said, "If they want them, they can come and get them!" Now if every single firearms manufacturer would do the same! Bill T.
Well, while I agree with no longer selling to CA law agencies... that is his right... it is very crappy to not return weapons sent in for repair. Hell, if he decided to not repair them that would be find. He should have sent back what didn't belong to him.

BTW, if every manufacturer stopped doing business with CA it might send a message...

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Glock and Load said:
it is very crappy to not return weapons sent in for repair. Hell, if he decided to not repair them that would be find. He should have sent back what didn't belong to him.
Normally I would agree, but the state of California robbed the people of their rights. That is a much higher price to be paid than a few rifles. But you cannot justify bad behavior by pointing to more of the same. Bill T.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a big problem around a lot of cities in the US. Gun business have been moving out of the state of IL to get away from the far reaching tentacles of Chicago. New York City has influenced the surrounding states of New Jersey, PA, RI, Mass all the way down to Washington DC.

The anti-gun attitudes of Los Angeles, San Francisco have been moving north to Seattle and Portland.

Large populated areas are dangerous to the freedom of individuals because politicians knee-jerk react to crime with phony laws that appear to be addressing the problem but don't have any positive effect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts