National Gun Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,558 Posts
I sort of wish i didn't click on the link,says they are in stock locally......

Those look like they are built similar to a pelican case, i wonder if they are as good or close enough? For less than half the price they look just as nice in the picture.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,072 Posts
Harbor Freight is not famous for high quality goods.

Reactions: Wag and Jim T.

·
Super Moderator
11,946 Posts
In truth, Harbor Freight is famous for NON-high quality goods.

--Wag--

·
Aim true !
11,657 Posts
H.F walnut media is good. :p

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,158 Posts
The guys on the car forum call it Hazard Fraught Tools. 🤣

Those cases are decent. We have a couple technicians at work that use them for toolboxes.
They're decent but definitely not Pelican quality,
I'm also firmly in the "Harbor Freight sells junk" camp. I don't shop there.

·
Registered
14,558 Posts
I agree they mostly sell junk but if you look around you can find a few decent things there. I was hoping this might be one of them.

Speed they use gun cases as tool boxes?

Reactions: Stamps6

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I have a whole bunch of these cases for my pistols. They are pretty tough. The only catch is sometimes they only have one thick pluck foam inside instead of two layers. Better go in the store and look to make sure which one you get. I have Gen I and Gen II Plano All Weather Tactical cases for my rifles and these are every bit as tough as those.

If you do get one that just has the one thick insert, it’s not the end of the world. Pluck out for your rifle and pull it out in one piece and split it down the middle long ways with a razor knife and put the top half back in the hole to pad the bottom of the case.

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is one of the big pistol cases I use for my Blackhawks.

Weather seal and clasp

Pressure valve

This is next to the heavy duty medium size case I bought at Rural King two days ago. Same manufacturer just one isn’t branded.

·
Aim true !
11,657 Posts

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I picked one up. Like I said, heavy. It weighed in at 24.6lbs.

Same weather seal as the smaller version

This one had the two layers in the bottom

Heavy rubber wheels. They are solid but I don’t know if it’s solid rubber or not.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,158 Posts

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,072 Posts
If you do get one that just has the one thick insert, it’s not the end of the world. Pluck out for your rifle and pull it out in one piece and split it down the middle long ways with a razor knife and put the top half back in the hole to pad the bottom of the case.
An electric carving knife will work much better than a razor knife.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ruger Precision 6.5 with a 24” barrel and strike Eagle 5-25x56 with sun shade. Fits perfectly without having to screw with my stock setup. The padding in the lid is deep so it closes without bulging with the bolt in it. Good thing too because the turrets on the side of the scope stick out a bit as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts