National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pure overkill!

The Pfeifer Zeliska 600.Nitro Magnum

shoots 900 grains FMJ´s with about 6200 joules of muzzle energy...

Weight: around 13 lbs!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
HOLY CRAP! Talk about a wrist buster! Fritz, what is the muzzle velocity of that hand cannon? I'd like to calculate muzzle energy and don't remember the conversion from Joules to foot lbs. and, as usual, I can't find my reference source - I need a reference to help me find my references. That thing must be more powerful than the S&W 500.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hello again, 32Mag

The muzzle velocity is 1515 ft.sec.

I suppose it was built as an exercise in engineering, since it would serve no practical purpose..

with the current exchange rate, price would be 19.641 dollars + freight!!

Company can be viewed on: http://www.pfeifer-waffen.at

Take care..

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Fritz,
That works out to around 4590 ft lbs of energy - something like a really big game rifle might deliver. I just can't imagine touching that one off, even held with both my hands, a couple of my friends' hands and maybe a small pony as a back-up. AND ONLY 20,000 bucks US, imagine that! Thanks for sharing. Also, thanks for the additional info on the Danish gun laws. At least you can still own a hand gun in Denmark - even though there are a lot of hoops to jump through.
Yes Bill Clinton was/is of the Liberal wing of our political spectrum. One of his most notable gun control measures was backing the so-called "Assault Weapon Ban" or GCA of 1994, which banned manufacture and sale to common citizens of around 16 proscribed SEMI-AUTOMATIC long arms as well as any other firearm that had a "flash hider", bayonet lug, and some other cosmetic features that looked "military." The ban also included the prohibition of civilian ownership of separate magazines for any firearm that were cabable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition. Current ownership of such was "grandfathered", including the allowance of sale of magazines with greater than 10 round capacity - while they were still in old stock. The law reached "sunset" in 2004 and was not renewed - ending a period of politically correct bull crap. We all know that Assault Weapons are not defined by the strictures imposed by that phoney bill. The greatest impact the bill had on gunowners was an increase in value of all "preban" firearms, by approximately 50% before the ban expired.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts