National Gun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be purchasing my first gun soon for conceal carry.
What, in your opinion, is the best Sig Sauer pistol to conceal carry and WHY? I am female.. If that's any consellation.

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Get the .380 Sig,they speak in Quality and are easy to conceal.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Hi
Welcome to this forum.

You need to find a dealer that has a selection and see what suits you.
If you can try them out even better.
Single action - P938 is very nice

Double action - P290 is very nice
I see they have a new version out 290RS-9-BSS-ORB

Should be fun looking at the different models up close and personal.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,522 Posts
I will be purchasing my first gun soon for conceal carry.
What, in your opinion, is the best Sig Sauer pistol to conceal carry and WHY? I am female.. If that's any consellation.
Congratulations on your upcoming purchase!

The Sig P238 (.380ACP), P938 (9mm) and P232 (.380ACP) are small pistols that are fairly easy to carry concealed. I would recommend the P938 over the others because it is chambered for 9mm ammunition. The .380ACP ammo is very hard to find right now and the 9mm is a more powerful round that can stop an attacker. If you think the 9mm would have too much recoil, I would then choose the P238 over the P232, because I don't care of the magazine release on the P232 and the magazine must be manually pulled from the grip frame, instead of simply falling out with the press of a button.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you looking solely at Sig Sauer? Which is a very good choice, I'm just curious.

Also, my suggestions are assuming you will be conceal carrying on your person and not in a purse. If you will be carrying in your purse (which is dangerous due to the possibly of your purse being snatched) you could carry a larger pistol.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,775 Posts
Many things must factor into concealed carry handgun choice. All are important.

You do not tell us your physical size nor your build type. This must factor into your concealed handgun choice.

You do not tell us your primary way of carrying; on body (IWB, OWB, shoulder rig, ankle holster, etc.), off body (purse, fanny pack, etc.) This too is important.

You do not tell us if you venture into (for whatever reasons) 'iffy' areas.

You do not tell us your experience with firearms (handguns in particular).

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,775 Posts
Most any SIG-Sauer pistol will make a fine choice for a concealed carry weapon. Determining which model will best fit your needs depends on your answers to the above questions.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,522 Posts

You do not tell us your physical size nor your build type. This must factor into your concealed handgun choice.

You do not tell us your primary way of carrying; on body (IWB, OWB, shoulder rig, ankle holster, etc.), off body (purse, fanny pack, etc.) This too is important.

Popeye brought up an extremely good point, that I forgot to mention. If you don't have much experience with firearms, PLEASE take a handgun (preferably an NRA) safety class, before or shortly after you make your purchase. The information you can learn is well worth the price. And please practice with your firearm in a safe environment often ...... safe accurate shooting is a skill that needs to be practiced.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
The Sig is a good choice except the one I looked at was single action. That means you will have to carry cocked and locked or you will have to chamber a round before you can fire it. I would suggest you look at a Ruger lc 380. The slide is easy to use and the recoil is light so you can enjoy shooting it. Some will say its too light a caliber but you should be able to hit what you shoot at.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

OK.
I am not fat nor am I a stick. I consider myself pretty average.
The way I carry? Well I'm a woman therefore it will depend in what I am wearing. If I am wearing a dress or skirt...thigh holster..
If I am wearing jeans...IWB.
I am also considering flashbang and belly band just to see how I like them.
I don't plan on going to 'iffy' areas and I don't have the most firearm experience nor do I have the least. I have the most experience with Glock 26 and m&p compact.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congratulations on your upcoming purchase!

The Sig P238 (.380ACP), P938 (9mm) and P232 (.380ACP) are small pistols that are fairly easy to carry concealed. I would recommend the P938 over the others because it is chambered for 9mm ammunition. The .380ACP ammo is very hard to find right now and the 9mm is a more powerful round that can stop an attacker. If you think the 9mm would have too much recoil, I would then choose the P238 over the P232, because I don't care of the magazine release on the P232 and the magazine must be manually pulled from the grip frame, instead of simply falling out with the press of a button.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you looking solely at Sig Sauer? Which is a very good choice, I'm just curious.

Also, my suggestions are assuming you will be conceal carrying on your person and not in a purse. If you will be carrying in your purse (which is dangerous due to the possibly of your purse being snatched) you could carry a larger pistol.
I'm looking more towards 9mm. I have looked into P938 and the P250.
I am not look solely towards Sig Sauer, I just don't know much about them and want as many opinions as I can get.

I will absolutely NEVER EVER carry in a purse.
IWB, Flashbang, Thigh, Belly Band are my options I am considering at this point.

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
I carry the P938 and it is great little pistol and will handle 135 gr +p ammo well, it does not like the +p+ ammo. I also really like the Equinox version because of the sights it came with from the factory. They are the best I have ever seen on a factory gun. The p938 would make an excellent choice.

My daughter has a flasbang holster and she told me that it was kinda uncomfortable when she first got it. I'm not sure if she still uses it or not.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Give the Sig. 229 a look. It's a great shooter. Accurate as all get out and very low re-coil because of it's weight. You might also like a Glock G-26 or Barretta Nano. I have them all and It's hard not to prefer the G-26!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts