National Gun Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm not for causing any animal to become extinct, except maybe rattlesnakes and their ilk, oh, and flies, and mosquitos, and man-o-war jellyfish, ... there's others .... but The California Condor was well on it's way all by itself before man started using something other than rocks to hut with.

Alan
+1 on mosquitos! We get some Biggins in my neck of the woods. Game and Fish told me that it I keep shooting 'em I'm going to have to get a hunting license. :crazy:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I was wanting to take my young son shooting soon, but I was concerned about lead exposure. What is the best place to find lead free ammunition? To be clear, I am not just talking about the slug, but the primer as well. I am interested in 380, 9mm and 5.56.

Thanks!
You guys lost sight of the OP. He was concerned about his young son getting exposed to lead. You guys may have been a little rough on him. Let me say...

I'm going to guess this is your first kid. Most folks including myself fret over the first one. After 2-3 or more you realize how tough and resilient they are.

He would have to shoot thousands upon thousands of rounds for the lead to be a real danger. I don't know where you live but if you buy products also sold in California almost everything says it contains lead or other substances that are hazardous to your health and known to cause birth defects.

Lead is a definite danger but to try and totally eliminate all contact is futile. Better to teach your son basic safe practices. Don't eat or drink while handling lead. Stay upwind or if shooting indoors make sure there's proper ventilation. Wash up after shooting including your face. Life has enough worries just use common sense hope for the best and don't sweat the small stuff.

Reactions: Kobs

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
....Lead is a definite danger but to try and totally eliminate all contact is futile. Better to teach your son basic safe practices. Don't eat or drink while handling lead. Stay upwind or if shooting indoors make sure there's proper ventilation. Wash up after shooting including your face. Life has enough worries just use common sense hope for the best and don't sweat the small stuff.
The common warning is not to smoke while handling lead. I sometime wonder what's more hazardous to your health possibly ingesting lead off the cigarette or the cigarette smoke.

Where ever you shot you'll be upwind unless the wind is in your face. What I meant was up wind of others shooting.

·
Wyoming
4,252 Posts
Will lead kill you faster than a Cheese Burger? The air pollution in some American cities is equal to inhaling 40 cigarettes per day. The insecticide on your apple is destroying your liver. You are killing others with your gas burning car. The air in your home maybe slowly killing your family with nuclear seepage into your basement?
And you are worried about the lead residue from a .22 pistol ?:confused5::lol:

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,324 Posts
Not really his fault, we're a lot like in the Matrix movie where the matrix government is only showing you what he wants you to see and hear and telling you what to think You have to want to wake up from the matrix to see that it's just an elaborate lie otherwise the ones telling you it's a lie are crazy and you avoid them

21 - 25 of 25 Posts