National Gun Forum banner

Best parts kit for AR15

2K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  Artie1957 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,
New to these forums here. Just bought my wife and I each a Juggernaut Billet Lower. I am pretty new to the AR life, so I was wondering if I could get some advice on the best for value, lower parts kit. I would like to keep it under $120 for each kit, but its always helpful to spend even less. Also, we are looking at getting a 17HMR upper for small game on one rifle, and either a 5.56 or a .223 for the other (Help me decide haha). It would be helpful to get some advice on these as well. Thanks!

#4 ·
You need to do a lot more looking for information and reading on firearms and laws. Seems your firearm knowledge, building, and handling is pretty close to none. If I were you I would not build any firearm and just buy one. The bolt carrier does not no way mean its a full auto rifle.

#5 ·
You could have just said no... and I do understand the laws sir... There is VERY little information describing the package (seems pretty cheapo), so I wanted more info. Obviously its not cali compliant, I just wanted to know what that specific line meant. Don't be so quick to judge man...

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Funny, I came here to learn about guns, but all I got was criticism, saying I should buy a prebuilt. THIS is why the gun/hunting community is shrinking, people like you guys giving out non constructive criticism. I will be sure to educate rather than reject when I teach people I encounter. I'll find my way to a larger forum where the users can give actual advice. Goodbye.

(edit: wrong tab)

#10 ·
Funny, I came here to learn about guns, but all I got was criticism, saying I should buy a prebuilt. THIS is why the gun/hunting community is shrinking, people like you guys giving out non constructive criticism. I will be sure to educate rather than reject when I teach people I encounter. I'll find my way to a larger forum where the users can give actual advice. Goodbye.

There is plenty of information on the package and very little is CA compliant. If one remark which on truth from what one reads in your question hurts you, then you have a long road in life 'head of you. Just come out from under your safe place? From the sounds of thing you dont know the CA law in your wanting an AR. You should take advice on the net or open forums on anything with a grain of salt and look up the information YOURSELF. This is why you should read on your own pick up a book or two, and search for information and READ. Take little heed to what is said on the net, though of course YOU knew this. Asking without knowing will only get you no where but hurt - seeing you have no clue on how to work on firearms or even know firearms. Start with a 22lr and work your way into firearms. Not jump into right into building an AR knowing nothing, acting like a little smart a%^, you will screw it up or hurt yourself.

You must be a one huge trolling lib to think the hunting and firearm community (as you put it) is shrinking. Please dont let the door hit you on your boy pu%#y on the way out. I'm done with you.

#8 · (Edited)
Opinions may vary on whose lower parts kits are 'best', but not by very much. The mechanism is dead simple and utterly standardized. There are some spiffs you can add that go above and beyond the standards, though. For instance, an ambidextrous safety (doesn't interest me) or enhanced takedown pins with heads you can grab and pull on (I might get a set one day).

I'd save the spiffs for later. I'd recommend basing your choice of lower parts kit ('LPK') on price alone. Since many stock triggers are disappointing or worse, I'd get a kit that does not include the trigger group.

Then, take the money you saved, plus a bit more, and invest in a quality trigger set. Reviews of several can be found here. I'm intrigued with the set by Hiperfire, which operates on a different principle than others.

A .17 HMR upper could totally foul your plans.

Good luck with your build. Be careful with installing springs in the lower, they can vanish in an instant. When you think you're done, take it to a gunsmith before shooting it. Mechanical mistakes can be harmful or fatal.

#11 ·
Plenty of information? Sure. Hurt? lol, I am annoyed. Small population forums get filled with people like you sitting on a high throne hiding behind an IP address. FYI, I am a seasoned engineer that has a pretty firm understanding of most guns, just not AR's. Did you forget I am new to AR's, and not guns in general? How old are you? I am curious if this is how you interact with people in the real world... If so, you are the one with the long road ahead buddy :)
Also, I looked at your comment history. Just because someone says some statistical data you don't like, doesn't mean its false. I love how you just immediately assume so much about someone you know so little about.
Call me a troll, but I rely on real world statistical data, not a Super Moderator named QuickdrawMcgraw that doubts things. Name calling? LOL. You put your community to shame bud.
I'll be reloading 100 rounds of 30-30 tonight on my Lee press, and some 9mm on my progressive. Man, I totally wish I new how to take my guns apart! LOL

#12 ·
We dont deal with trolls or people trying to buff themselfs up by lying. Tried to help out and you took offense, safe place baby imo. Besides you said "Goodbye" so let me help you out.

#14 ·
OK I tried, to no effect. Time to expel the troll.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.