National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure most of the folks that are over 35+ have experienced Jury Duty. What is your most interesting story as a Juror?

I had the opportunity to be a part of a trial where an ex-police deputy that was involved in drugs participated in a robbery. At the last minute she accepted a plea bargin deal and we were off the hook and dismissed. It was a very interesting trial.

G

·
sig232 said:
I am sure most of the folks that are over 35+ have experienced Jury Duty. What is your most interesting story as a Juror?

I had the opportunity to be a part of a trial where an ex-police deputy that was involved in drugs participated in a robbery. At the last minute she accepted a plea bargin deal and we were off the hook and dismissed. It was a very interesting trial.
I've never sat on a jury before. I've been dismissed five times. Once it was due to my being an arbitration judge, and four times due to my ex-occupation.

G

·
I was selected for petit jury duty once, but was never called to serve. Now, I'm currently on standby for federal jury duty in Des Moines. Could be interesting to serve on that one.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Many years ago I was called into a criminal trial to hear a case about a man that was carrying a gun concealed without a permit.
During the challenge series of questions from both sides I was ask how I felt about people carrying guns in general.
I could not lie~
I told them that I thought everybody ought to carry guns and that I thought that states and such should have no say so in the matter whatsoever.
The attorneys did not speak, but the judge said "I think I can speak for everyone here and dismiss you from this case."
I have never been called to jury duty since although that was in another state long ago. maybe they have my name on a list somewhere. It won't be the only list I was ever on.
Sometimes you have to be careful when you ask for an opinion. You may not get what you want to hear.

G

·
keninaz said:
Many years ago I was called into a criminal trial to hear a case about a man that was carrying a gun concealed without a permit.
During the challenge series of questions from both sides I was ask how I felt about people carrying guns in general.
I could not lie~
I told them that I thought everybody ought to carry guns and that I thought that states and such should have no say so in the matter whatsoever.
The attorneys did not speak, but the judge said "I think I can speak for everyone here and dismiss you from this case."
I have never been called to jury duty since although that was in another state long ago. maybe they have my name on a list somewhere. It won't be the only list I was ever on.
Sometimes you have to be careful when you ask for an opinion. You may not get what you want to hear.
The judge swore to defend the Constitution, and dismissed you so he could seat jurors who had the same opinion as him. Just shows how unfair judges are. :cry:

G

·
I'm a failure at jury duty - rejected every time - I think I look to maniacal when they ask
me if I approve of Capitol Punishment! I get that slight smile and a perceivable glint or
twinkle in my eyes!

... I guess I’m just too (obviously) eager!
:cool:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
zipperzap said:
I'm a failure at jury duty - rejected every time - I think I look to maniacal when they ask
me if I approve of Capitol Punishment! I get that slight smile and a perceivable glint or
twinkle in my eyes!

... I guess I’m just too (obviously) eager!
:cool:

Ha!Ha! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts