National Gun Forum banner

Best Gun store/online to purchase guns

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  therewolf 
#1 ·
In your experience, What is the best chain AND online stores that offer the least expensive price. Two answers. Thank you.

#2 ·
That is a tough question to answer because a lot of it is personal preference. I like Bud's for both price and customer service. Grab A Gun is also good. Gun Broker will have some great deals but you have to know your prices. I have seen used guns for sale on there for more money than they are new on my dealer's shelf.

My personal favorite is my local dealer where they know my name, we know each others' families, we see each other around town. A personal relationship can be worth a lot more than the money saved at a big box internet store.

#9 ·
I find the UPC of what I'm looking at buying and plug it into slickguns.com
They return prices from a bunch of vendors listed low to high. Then I usually see if Buds will price match it or come close.
I have bough 95% of my firearms from online vendors. Mainly Buds and Gun Broker.

#10 ·
I find the UPC of what I'm looking at buying and plug it into slickguns.com
They return prices from a bunch of vendors listed low to high. Then I usually see if Buds will price match it or come close.
I have bough 95% of my firearms from online vendors. Mainly Buds and Gun Broker.
Does Bud's price match? I would buy everything from them if they do. They have great customer service.

#19 ·
That's better than I've experienced locally. I usually use Hyatt's gun shop. Transfers are $40 +$10 paperwork fee. So it has to be a pretty good online deal to be worth it. Other shops are worse. This is posted on another local shop website;

• Non-Members — $40.00
  • Non-Members — Arm’s Room/Bud’s Gun shop/KY Gun Company/Cheaper Than Dirt/Gunbuyer.com/Grab a Gun/CDNN Sport/Palmetto State Armory/Sports South/Bill Hicks transfers — $75.00

It's a range/gun shop. The cheapest membership is $40 a month. A shooting lane for non-members is $19, so you would have to shoot more than twice a month to start saving money. Transfers are $25 for members.

#20 ·
$75 for a transfer is ridiculous.

There are plenty of "FFL finders" online. Find one thats local to you and use them.
My FFL works out of his living room. I've dealt with him for years and we have a very good relationship. Honestly I wouldn't use anyone else. Unless I was buying from a storefront.
I live in a state that requires permits for handguns. I can buy a handgun anytime I want and he will hold it for me until I get permits. This is a very nice option to have that brick and mortar LGS will generally not get involved in. He will also call me if he comes across something he knows I may be interested in.
There is simply no substitutes for relationships.

#21 ·
We require purchase permits for handguns in NC as well. I have a CC permit which negates the need for individual purchase permits for each handgun. Purchase permits are $5 each. Conceal/Carry permits are $90 every 5 years.

#22 ·
OP, bear in mind, that while you may find more variety online,

you still have to get the gun shipped to a dealer, and do a background check.

So add shipping, FFL B/C fee, tax and insurance, to the price of any "online bargain".

You will probably find you are not saving as much money as you thought you would.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.