National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your experience, What is the best chain AND online stores that offer the least expensive price. Two answers. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
That is a tough question to answer because a lot of it is personal preference. I like Bud's for both price and customer service. Grab A Gun is also good. Gun Broker will have some great deals but you have to know your prices. I have seen used guns for sale on there for more money than they are new on my dealer's shelf.

My personal favorite is my local dealer where they know my name, we know each others' families, we see each other around town. A personal relationship can be worth a lot more than the money saved at a big box internet store.

·
5,082 Posts
Yes, can tell you...if...you tell me which automobile dealer, with 25+ years of his business, has had 0 customers ever dissatified with their machine or final costs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I found out that Gander Mountain offers the least expensive price because of the budget rifle I found. Just need an intake of what others think as well.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Well, I found out that Gander Mountain offers the least expensive price because of the budget rifle I found. Just need an intake of what others think as well.
I have found Gander Mountain prices to be high in general but when they have a sale it is usually a good sale.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,527 Posts
Bud's and Grab-a-gun are my favorites.

·
Jesus Saves
7,880 Posts
There are 2 Ganders in my general driving radius and they are the highest when it comes to pricing. Even on the verge of closing their doors and offering discounts, they are still higher than their competition in my area. Considerably higher.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,985 Posts
I find the UPC of what I'm looking at buying and plug it into slickguns.com
They return prices from a bunch of vendors listed low to high. Then I usually see if Buds will price match it or come close.
I have bough 95% of my firearms from online vendors. Mainly Buds and Gun Broker.

Reactions: KW Gary M

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
I find the UPC of what I'm looking at buying and plug it into slickguns.com
They return prices from a bunch of vendors listed low to high. Then I usually see if Buds will price match it or come close.
I have bough 95% of my firearms from online vendors. Mainly Buds and Gun Broker.
Does Bud's price match? I would buy everything from them if they do. They have great customer service.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,527 Posts
Does Bud's price match? I would buy everything from them if they do. They have great customer service.
Yes, Bud's does price match. I'm not 100% sure of the details, but I think the matching price has to be advertised.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Is this the Gander Mountain that's going through Bankruptcy right now?

Bud's Guns is decent, although they also seem to be out of stock on a

lot of items, long-time.

I prefer brick-and -mortar LGSs.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,985 Posts
Yes, Bud's does price match. I'm not 100% sure of the details, but I think the matching price has to be advertised.
They price match but not on everything. Some items/firearms wont have the option. It'll be a blue box on the right that says "price match request" right under "add to cart"
You have to be logged to use it. Once you click it they will ask for a link to who's price you're asking them to match. They will then return their best price and place the item in your cart.
Not 100% sure if this is still the case but in the past If you fail to follow through and complete too many price match requests (I dont know how many) Buds would revoke your price match privilege.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
They price match but not on everything. Some items/firearms wont have the option. It'll be a blue box on the right that says "price match request" right under "add to cart"
You have to be logged to use it. Once you click it they will ask for a link to who's price you're asking them to match. They will then return their best price and place the item in your cart.
Not 100% sure if this is still the case but in the past If you fail to follow through and complete too many price match requests (I dont know how many) Buds would revoke your price match privilege.
I've never noticed that. I usually shop, hit buy then login once I have determined I want a particular gun.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
What are you guy's paying for transfer fees? It's expensive around here.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,985 Posts
What are you guy's paying for transfer fees? It's expensive around here.
$44 (for 1st gun 16.50 for additional, if I pick up more than 1 at the same time)

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,128 Posts

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
That's better than I've experienced locally. I usually use Hyatt's gun shop. Transfers are $40 +$10 paperwork fee. So it has to be a pretty good online deal to be worth it. Other shops are worse. This is posted on another local shop website;

• Non-Members — $40.00
  • Non-Members — Arm’s Room/Bud’s Gun shop/KY Gun Company/Cheaper Than Dirt/Gunbuyer.com/Grab a Gun/CDNN Sport/Palmetto State Armory/Sports South/Bill Hicks transfers — $75.00

It's a range/gun shop. The cheapest membership is $40 a month. A shooting lane for non-members is $19, so you would have to shoot more than twice a month to start saving money. Transfers are $25 for members.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,985 Posts
$75 for a transfer is ridiculous.

There are plenty of "FFL finders" online. Find one thats local to you and use them.
My FFL works out of his living room. I've dealt with him for years and we have a very good relationship. Honestly I wouldn't use anyone else. Unless I was buying from a storefront.
I live in a state that requires permits for handguns. I can buy a handgun anytime I want and he will hold it for me until I get permits. This is a very nice option to have that brick and mortar LGS will generally not get involved in. He will also call me if he comes across something he knows I may be interested in.
There is simply no substitutes for relationships.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts