National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

New to the forum. I have been shooting for two months. I have been shooting with gun club pistols because i didn't want to rush with buying a gun because i was still seeing if shooting is for me (if i am good and if i want to spend money on this thing). I am getting quite good and i am as hyped about shooting as i was in the pure beginning. I want to buy my own gun because i want to start "real" training and start going on competitions. What i mean by "real" training is now i am shooting with gun club pistols and every time i can get a different pistol...its the same model but one has modified trigger, one has a stock trigger, one has changed sights...and its really hard to be consistent if they are changing the gun every time i am there. Plus sometimes the pistol (model) is not available so i have to shoot with another gun that i am not used to. Thats why its time to get my own gun. I dont have the possibility to try out shooting the guns before i buy them...(i come from europe) thats why i am also wanting to hear your opinions. I am still a student so i dont have a big budget. As i said i am shooting my gun club pistols which are CZ P-09 (not a competition gun, around 600$) and HS XDM (also around 600$). I am much better with CZ. Without owning a gun i could only compete in my gun club competition and i was 50. out of 200 people and i am only shooting for two months! I have been better then some people that are shooting for some years now. With CZ P-09 on 15 meters thats around 17 yards of shooting 20 bullets i get around 5 bullets in the centre 10 (I am target shooting) everytime.

The things i like:
-heavier gun (Glock is toooo light for me, I cant shoot that good with such a light gun...i like the weight to be around 1kg or 1kg+. One guy at my Gun club once let me shoot their CZ shadow (around 1,2 kg ) and its the perfect weight for me.
-Trigger to be light and to shoot in the beggining of the pull. I heard that the CZ Tactical sports ORANGE has a trigger that almost goes off when you only touch it. (i know i can modify my trigger but anyways i wouldnt be doing that immediately)
-Quite a small budget ( i am looking for at max and thats really the max max a gun for around 1200-1300$ i would like it to be around 1000$.)
-It cant be a striker fire must be hammer fired (because of competitions)

I am looking at CZ's the most at this moment. But this is the list i have so far (prices are from my location gun shops):
- CZ SHADOW 2 (1200$)
-WALTHER Q5 MATCH (1100$)
-CZ SHADOW (CZ-75 SP-01) (900$)
-TANGFOLIO MATCH (1200$)
-BERNARDELLI PRACTICAL TARGET (900$)
-CZ TACTICAL SPORTS (1200$)
-STI EUROPE SPARTA 1911 (1100$)
(-cz tactical sports orange is 1800$ thats way over my budget but if its really that much better then other guns maybe its worth the wait till my budget gets bigger but that wont be in a short time...)

What are your experiences with this guns ? Which one is "better" if we dont think of which gun fits someone the most so i am talking about accuracy from bench rest and so on. Which is the best for target shooting (so i am looking for pure accuracy). Pros/cons...anything

Any other ideas about the awesome pistol that fits my requests ?

Thank you! and good luck at shooting!

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Greetings and Welcome to the Forum

You don't mention a revolver. A Security Six.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
You don't mention a revolver. A Security Six.
I meant GP100, I had my first gun on the brain. I could have edited it but thought what the hey.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
I meant GP100, I had my first gun on the brain. I could have edited it but thought what the hey.
Of the guns you mentioned, and because you like a heavier gun, I vote for the CZ75 or the Tangfolio which is a CZ clone. However, for a new shooter, I agree with the Ruger GP100.

I own over 30 handguns and if I was forced to give up all but one I would keep my GP100.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts