National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Happiness Is a Warm Gun
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be your main weapon it the event of a zombie attack? Kinda crazy, random question , but still. Mine is a Mossberg Model 500 Persuader with ghost ring sights:wink: Also, please tell me your backup or secondary weapon. Mine would be a Colt Python .357 magnum:yikes1:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
If it was any firearm, I'd pick the Stoner LMG with the drum magazine setup.

As a backup, I'd pick something small with high capacity. Like a GSG-5k.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I would take my remmington 700 with AR stock and lots of buckshot. Then I would take my .22 pistol with suppressor as a backup.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,413 Posts

nuclear-explosions-01.jpg

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
SHTF gun, yes. EOTWAWKI gun, yes.

Alien attack gun,yes. Possibly, our nation being overrun by terrorists or insurgents from

South America gun, yes.

WHAT is the pre-occupation with ZOMBIES? It's the LEAST probable, LEAST likely, and LEAST

physically possible scenario ever. And for some reason, the MOST popular to discuss.

We're more likely to be attacked by mutant sea creatures which can now breathe air, than

zombies.

In the event there ARE actual zombies, we don't even know what would put them down.

Would their limbs and body parts be revenantial, and just keep on coming, even after

we thoroughly shot them? We have absolutely no parameters here, and no standards for

comparison. There is no history whatsoever of prior zombie attacks on the planet, yet

the popularity of this inane question persists.

Fine, screw it. AK47, with drum mags, and a Beretta 92A1 BUG...:crazy:

·
Registered
826 Posts
I think its more possible than you think. Maybe not "zombie" like you see in the movies, but a chemical or biological outbreak is very possible in todays world. Ever seen the movie "the crazies"? An outbreak could effect humans someway making them become not human.

·
Super Moderator
14,494 Posts
I want one or two of those pistols Roy Rogers used to have. They would shoot till you didn't need to shoot no more.

Alan

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
As always with these threads. What type of zombies?

The best zombie gun is just as dependent on the type of zombie as the best race car is dependent on the type of race.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
As always with these threads. What type of zombies?

The best zombie gun is just as dependent on the type of zombie as the best race car is dependent on the type of race.
I look at it like this:

If a zombie can live without whatever killed it in the first place, what

else can it get by without? Brain, Cerebral Cortex?

Decapitation seems to be the only sure way to put them down, or at least

remove any sort of central bodily control.

So the M1-Machete? Perhaps a scythe?

Because shooting them seems impractical, given what little factual information

we DO have...

·
Super Moderator
14,494 Posts
But shooting them is so much fun, watching stuff splatter and then keep on coming with one arm or part of a leg, half a face! Ammo is key though and not having to reload.

Alan

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
The obvious and real threat with zombies(if you can realistically place them

on a threat consideration) would be the possibility of a large percentage of the sheeple

being virally infected simultaneously.

In the likelier circumstances of a non-re-animation event,(where people go straight

from being alive to zombie status) there's the possibility of two ugly scenarios:

1) That they wouldn't be as slow, stupid, and uncoordinated as we assume they

will be, and that they might hunt and ambush us in packs...

2)That sheer weight of numbers would simply overwhelm us.

I fear the living. Zombies might be a real vacation from the BS we

have to put up with from people on a regular basis. NOBODYS going to fault you

if you shoot a zombie...

·
Curmudgeon
4,379 Posts
You guys can make fun all you want, but the United States government is serious about making citizens aware of the threat. The Surgeon General is involved. Think I'm kidding? Read this.
The post, written by Assistant Surgeon General Ali Khan, instructs readers how to prepare for "flesh-eating zombies" much like how they appeared in Hollywood hits like "Night of the Living Dead" and video games like Resident Evil. Perhaps surprisingly, the same steps you'd take in preparation for an onslaught of ravenous monsters are similar to those suggested in advance of a hurricane or pandemic.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
You guys can make fun all you want, but the United States government is serious about making citizens aware of the threat. The Surgeon General is involved. Think I'm kidding? Read this.
So, the same administration which is trying in the worst way to be sure we

don't have/can't get guns wants us to prepare for a Zombie Apocalypse?

Wouldn't it be a beautiful thing if the zombies ate D.C. FIRST?

·
Curmudgeon
4,379 Posts
The government zombie guidelines say nothing about being armed, but more important, why is our government spending valuable time and money issuing guidelines about ZOMBIES??

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
The government zombie guidelines say nothing about being armed, but more important, why is our government spending valuable time and money issuing guidelines about ZOMBIES??
Well, THAT's really simple.

In the 35 instances where we went through a zombie apocalypse in the past, it was

painfully obvious to FEMA observers that we weren't properly prepared...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts