National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am new to having the Beretta Px4 storm full size .45 caliber. I see so many different places what ammo is best. I understand that it is a personal preference. But having everyone's opinion always help. I do not have the most money in the world, but do not require buying bottom of the barrel ammo.

What is your favorite ammo for the Px4 storm full size 45 caliber?

**Update: I did not specify defense over target/practice ammo. Please share both if you will.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
26,341 Posts
Federal Premium
American Eagle (Federal)
Winchester Ranger T-Series LE

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
The best ammo for your new pistol is the ammo that works best in it. That might be steel cased Wolf, or it might be a top of the line brand. Reliable function and accuracy are your two primary concerns. Never mind expansion. At .45 caliber it's big enough to begin with, and it's not going to get any smaller. Start with a low-cost brand. If it works reliably, and meets you needs for accuracy, you win. Only move up if necessary.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The best ammo for your new pistol is the ammo that works best in it. That might be steel cased Wolf, or it might be a top of the line brand. Reliable function and accuracy are your two primary concerns. Never mind expansion. At .45 caliber it's big enough to begin with, and it's not going to get any smaller. Start with a low-cost brand. If it works reliably, and meets you needs for accuracy, you win. Only move up if necessary.
This is true. I bought some of the new, cheap, Perfecta ammo from Walmart, and was highly skeptical. My Sig LOVES this stuff! And from what I can tell, it's more accurate than the Federal (at least in my Sig, your results may vary). Buy the cheapest stuff that works well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is an expensive solution. How much ammo am I supposed to buy before I find the right one? I've already tried three different kinds. It would be so much easier to get an answer from someone who has found the right ammo for this specific firearm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts