National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking online for AK-47 magazines and saw some from Thermold, TAPCO, Bulgarian surplus, Romanian surplus, and even Korean. What do think is the best, most durable, reliable magazine?

·
Pissed Old Lady
3,793 Posts
I have some of all of them. I like the 75 round drum - never had a feeding problem with it. Lots of the metal surplus ones. The tapcos are light, have those also. Depends if you want it lighter or meaner looking. The metals clipped together are wicked looking!

IMAG0149.jpg IMAG0071.jpg

·
A BORG of the HIVE
232 Posts
I have two Norinco drums (75 round) so far, function has been 100 percent.

My 30 rounders are a hodge-podge, but IMO, the Chinese magazines are head and shoulders above the Eastern bloc mags.

·
Pissed Old Lady
3,793 Posts
Mine are also 100% And all mags I have for mine work fine, eastern block or Tapco or whatever...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Older thread but...... just about any of the new poly mags are good. I sell alot of the 30round Promags. And theyre getting cheap again.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not to be a smart @*% but the best one is the one that works best in your weapon. For my Romanian M&M M10-762, the two that work best with my AK are the
30-round
Tapco Intrafuse® “Smooth Side Low Drag” 30rd Magazine and the Promag 30 round double stack black polymer magazine. I've tried a few others, which will go unmentioned, but they were high quality high dollar mags and they just didnt fit right in my magwell, etc. I'm sure those same mags will fit well in other models.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
If I was going to buy any to test, I think Magpul's would be at the top of my list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts