National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I´m about to buy an allround 9mm.

In Europe where I live, lots of guys hold STI´s in very high esteem, but is it better than
a SIG X-5? (I´m only thinking of doublestacks)

Looking forward to some good advice.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Fritz,
Here's my suggestion, one of the CZ-75 family of semi-autos. Excellent quality at a good price, at least here in the USA.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Fritz, the STIs are made a couple of hundred miles down the road from me and I wouldn't drive over there to pick one up for free. The frames have been known to have issues and STI apparently doesn't care to stand behind its warranty. On another forum a guy had one that the frame split behind the clip well and STI said it was his problem on a NEW gun. I like the CZ clones especially the Baby Eagles. I have several and every one is match target accurate.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice.

I know that Glocks are reliable in a "Kalashnikov" kind of way, and I´m not disrespecting it.

It´s just that I love stainless steel, German craftsmanship, and wooded grips!

(In Denmark, we have a 2 year waiting period, and the max.cal.allowed is 9mm/357.)

As for CZ´s, well it´s value for money, but compare it with the Sig X-5, one is a servicegun, the other
made for IPSC and so on..

Unfortunately, 45. and the likes are not allowed here, but otherwise Les Baer and other customized 1911´s
would do..

And again. thank you for the welcome and the inputs.

:-B-: :-B-:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
If money is not an object I would suggest you look at all the Sig models. The 226, 225, 229 and others, maybe 228. The 9mm in a full size Sig is a beautiful pistol, out of the box accuracy is uncanny and they are so easy to take down and clean. They are expensive but the Rolex of handguns.

·
Registered
138 Posts
sig232 said:
If money is not an object I would suggest you look at all the Sig models. The 226, 225, 229 and others, maybe 228. The 9mm in a full size Sig is a beautiful pistol, out of the box accuracy is uncanny and they are so easy to take down and clean. They are expensive but the Rolex of handguns.
I own two 226's. One was bought new, the other used. The used one is a Toledo Police trade in. The finish is well worn and the handgun looks like a beater. Smoothest shooting handgun I've ever owned. Bruce Gray did a little bit of work on it at a class I attended and made it even better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Obviously I am going to say get a Glock, but since you don't like the look I would strongly agree with Shenine and 32 Magnum.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
The CZ75 is a fine service pistol. I have owned several.

The SIG P.226 X-5 is a fine competition pistol. It is able to make a average shooter into a superior shooter. I own one.

The two pistols should not be compaired with each other. They are built for different jobs.

The STI has problems. I do not own one.

Were I looking for an "all around" 9mm pistol I would consider the SIG P.226, H&K USP, CZ75, Glock 17, S&W M&P and Springfield XD. In that order.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Fritz,
Thanks for the input on gun control in Denmark. If our Liberal politicians, here in the USA, had their way, we wouldn't even have the options you have.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
32 Magnum said:
Fritz,
Thanks for the input on gun control in Denmark. If our Liberal politicians, here in the USA, had their way, we wouldn't even have the options you have.
Thank you for noticing..32Mag.

The reason for our calibermax.is that we have to prove the need for anything larger, and since our bears are extinct, and our criminal junkies seldom exceeds 100 pounds in body weight, we´re stuck with the 9´s

Which ain´t so bad, really...

A question; i believe clinton was a Liberal, what did he do to minimize your options?

Yours truly

·
Registered
283 Posts
It's to bad you have nixed single stacks!!

I understand your police used to use these at one time. Maybe they still do!!
It's a really good gun!!!

Walther P5.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
denfoote said:
It's to bad you have nixed single stacks!!

I understand your police used to use these at one time. Maybe they still do!!
It's a really good gun!!!

Walther P5.
Yes.our police used to carry Walthers, PPK´s in 7,65 mm.though...

Now it´s H & K´s

I don´t know about the P5, maybe they had it in trial period.

The reason I want a doublestack, is that I would like to shoot IPSC, and while I´m sure the P5 is a great gun,its
a no-go for civilians in my country because minimum lenght for handguns here are 210 mm.

Otherwise they are seen as too concealable.

Fritz

·
Registered
569 Posts
sig232 said:
I've owned 2 Sigs, a P226 and a P239 so I second that opinion.
My next Sig will be the new P250, here's a good article.
http://www.americancopmagazine.com/articles/SIG/SIG.htm

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
I have 2 9mm's: Beretta 92FS and Springfield Armory XD-9. I will gladly keep them both. Reliable and accurate.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My choice in 9mm is the Beretta 92 in any model. I was issued the 92FC 19 years ago, bought it upon retirement and it shoots as well today as it did the day it was new. 13 rounds.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts