National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Newbie Gun Enthusiast
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Christmas this year, I'm 18 so me and my dad finally convinced my mom to let me have my own rifle. I wanted a .308 but my dad insisted on a .30-06. But as it is for pretty much everyone nowadays, money is tight. We had to buy a budget rifle. It was between the Ruger American Rifle, Mossberg Deer Thugs, and the Mossberg 100 ATR (all chambered in .30-06). My dad ordered the 100 ATR. So I wanted to ask you guys if we made the right choice. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I don't think you will be disappointed. Hard to get a name brand gun these days that isn't a decent shooter and fairly well made.

·
Newbie Gun Enthusiast
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive actually heard alot of people say that i should get a Savage rifle. from what ive heard, theyve really stepped their game up in recent years

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
Savage makes great rifles. I think you will be happy with the rifle your Dad ordered too. If he already ordered it for you, don't bring up a bunch of other types and make him feel bad or anything. Enjoy your new rifles and give us a report!

Reactions: 1moretoy

·
Super Moderator
14,308 Posts
Any time your dad hands you a firearm as a present, you shake his hand and say "Thank You Sir". What ever it is, it was the right choice.

Alan

·
Super Moderator
11,371 Posts
I guess you just don't look a gift rifle down the barrel. :)

--Wag--

·
Newbie Gun Enthusiast
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts