National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some odd reason, I've always had an uncanny fascination with the Beretta 92 and it's derivatives, though I haven't had the chance to shoot one.. I would kill for one though lol. What do you guys think about them?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Our police department's duty gun from 1993-1999 was the 92F. It was a great gun. Then we switched to the 96 (a 92 F in .40 cal.) from 99-2008. We now carry Sigs. They were also excellent guns. I put over 30,000 round through the two of them and had ZERO malfunctions. The only problem with the Beretta for me, is the grip is a little big for my hand.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I got the Beretta 96

the Beretta 96 is one of my two .40 cal handguns. I love it because it's comfortable and extremely accurate. Sometimes I question if I should of went with the 92 because I also take my wife and kids shooting and the .40 is a little on the hot side them for them compared to the much more manageable 9MM model 92. I also have the S&W Sigma in .40 cal. Don't get me wrong here because I love S&W's, but that particular gun is a total piece of SH*T! I'm told that the newer Military and Police line is better. In any case I swear by the Beretta's I think it's a great choice in either the 92 or the 96.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if I were to have my pick, I'd buy a 96 Bombardier Inox.. I think they're gorgeous lol, and the recoil of a 40 isn't a problem to me.. 9mm is like a pea shooter lmao

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beretta 92 series pistols are some of the finest made anywhere.

They also have the added advantage of being large enough to use as a club if you run out of ammo before you run out of fight.

:thumbsup:

Seriously...I have owned a couple, and currently have an older rounded trigger guard 92S that I love.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
We have a 96 Inox, and love it. It is very accurate, have never had any misfeed or misfire, and it has the best trigger feel of any gun I have ever fired - super smooth!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Beretta 92 is a very well made piece of hardware. Its good enough for the US Military and many police departments. It would be my first pick if I were to use a high capacity 9mm. (I'm a 1911 guy though, so I have a Kimber).

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I own several 92s and 96's. They are some of the finest handgns ever built. The action is smooth, like it rides on ball bearings. I have thousands of rounds through mine and never a hick up. I hear stories of people getting stove pipes...HOW? You look at the size of that ejection port?

I consider the Beretta as one of the top 5 handguns out there. And I am a 1911 and Browning HP kinda guy.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I had a 92 and my son now has that.
I also carried an 8045 for about 8 years that I really liked even better.
Both great reliable guns.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like my 92fs, no malfunctions and very reliable, I did put a comp spring in and the trigger is a lot smoother.
My only complaint is the amount of barrel movement at the front. My glocks, Springfield’s and the Stoeger cougar 8000 has a lot less movement.
Guess I need to go with a 1911 style 9MM, so I can tighten it up with barrel bushings

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I like my 92fs, no malfunctions and very reliable, I did put a comp spring in and the trigger is a lot smoother.
My only complaint is the amount of barrel movement at the front. My glocks, Springfield’s and the Stoeger cougar 8000 has a lot less movement.
Guess I need to go with a 1911 style 9MM, so I can tighten it up with barrel bushings
If you know how, or any decent gunsmith can do this, you can have a bushing installed. That will tighten up the barrel movement. Just don't do it too tight, the barrel is supposed to float. I have done several for other people, never found the need on my pistols.

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
I have a 25, two 32s, and a 92 and a Stoeger Cougar in 9mm. All are reliable and have given no problems. Berettas are great.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Beretta's are well known as a quality firearm. They don't make much junk!

I always thought the grips were a bit large for my hands. Its all about the feel of the gun and thats a personal thing.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
Absolutely! Even though the 92 has an action that is slicker than snot on a door knob I would probably carry the Cougar since it feels better in my hands. The Cougar would, of course, conceal better too!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts