National Gun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
לשאת מקל
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

New to the forum and posted once on the Kimber Team Match II in 9mm version. I miss my .45 ACP (happened to be a Springfield XDm .45 ACP) and currently looking at the Beretta PX4 Storm in the .45 ACP form factor. Any opinions on the PX4 Storm? Any experience with the .45 ACP Beretta? I would look at another Kimber, but for the price the PX4 seems attractive. I have held one, but only at the gun shop. My spouse has the Beretta 92FS Inox and we love it. I would love some feedback from anyone who has owed the PX4 Storm .45 ACP or has used one at the range.

Kevin

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
I have held the Storm and I like it. I have had nothing but good expiriences with all my Berettas. I tihnk you should pick it up so you can tell us about it.

·
לשאת מקל
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have held the Storm and I like it. I have had nothing but good expiriences with all my Berettas. I tihnk you should pick it up so you can tell us about it.
Well, that is all the encouragement I needed. I'm headed to the local gun shop today... If they have the PX4 Storm in stock, I suspect I'll take one home.

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
You'll like it every bit as much as you like the 92fs.

--Wag--

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
Thats fantastic. I can't wait to hear about it. You may talk me into getting one too. From what I have seen they should be a good carry gun.

·
לשאת מקל
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well as I stated, I did visit the local gun shop today for a look-see, touch'n-feel of the PX4 Storm in the .45 ACP caliber. I like it. I cannot give feedback on the firing range experience yet, but I can share my purchase! She's purdy for an all black polymer frame .45 ACP. Feels very comfortable in the hand; much better than a Glock. Should be able to carry this puppy. Great price too!

photo.jpg

More to come after a few days of forecast rain here in the Northeast...

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
Congrats, I'm sure you'll like it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Awesome, those are real nice lookin guns.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
Awesome! Can't wait to hear how she shoots for ya!

·
לשאת מקל
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The verdict...

She is a beauty! Like the Beretta 92FS INOX 9mm pistol, the Beretta PX4 Storm .45 ACP is another quality product by Beretta. I snuck in my first 28 rounds before dark hit (hitting me now @ 4:15 EDT). Out of the box she is accurate at 30 yards placing nearly all 28 rounds in a 3-4 inch circle. Impressive for me. The trigger pull on the first DA fire is heavy.... very heavy. They claim it is 12 pounds pull, but it feels like 16-17 pounds pull and very long. The SA trigger pull on subsequent fires is a manageable 4 pounds purportedly and it feels like 5-6 pounds relative to some of my other handgun trigger pulls. Cocking the hammer and shooting in SA only allowed me the luxury of placing nearly all 28 rounds in the 3-4 inch circle at 30 yards. I used Remington UMC nickel plated 230 GR FMJ .45 ammo.

The Beretta PX4 Storm .45 ACP is very well fitting to my hand (average size hand) for a full size handgun. Very comfortable to hold. In comparison to my Glock G36 Sublime, although the Beretta is larger, she feels more comfortable and is 27~ ounces vs. the Glock G36 Subcompact Sublime 20~ ounces that I use for carry (not anymore). The trigger pull on my Glock is 5.5 pounds. My Glock G36 carry is horribly inaccurate at 30 yards [it's not me!!! ;) ]. So, the verdict is simple... I am carrying the Beretta PX4 Storm.

The rotating barrel is supposedly designed to reduce recoil. Well, the recoil is minimal, thus I would say the rotating barrel does what it is designed to do. In comparison with my Glock G36, recoil with the Glock is far greater with the same Remington UMC nickel plated 230 GR FMJ .45 ammo.

I like the Beretta so much that it is replacing my Glock G36 as my carry weapon. The Beretta PX4 Storm .45 ACP is reasonable for carry in my under garment sewn in holster. The Beretta is by far more accurate at 30 yards than my Glock G36 and despite a smidgeon more weight and size, she is by far a better full size carry weapon.

Would I recommend buying one? Yes! For the money the Beretta PX4 Storm .45 ACP is superior to any Glock I have used and certainly a better choice than my G36. More shooting experience to come....

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first gun ( just got it this April) is the PX4 Storm 45 ACP. I served in the Army for 8 years, but only used the M16. I love this gun, it is solid and has NO rattle at all. It is a wonderful shooter and in the right hands is very accurate. I heard a lot of bads things about the so called "plastic" gun and all are crap. This plastic gun made me a believer and am going to get another soon. The back strap options make it even more appealing to all. Get to the range and fire it, and you will be sold. Cleaning is a breeze and the only bad thing I have to say about it is, it could have a better sight. The front sight tends to get covered over if you are using dirty ammo. It would be nice to have a more visible front sight, other than that it rocks.
Good Luck...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts